Which are the most popular 'EDM' scales to use.. & What scales begin with HS

Discussion in 'Education' started by Desantïs, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Ultrasonic

You don't need to pick a scale. Pick one chord and use it. When you want to strut your stuff, just play the chord inverted and you'll set the house on fire. EDM with several chords is oh so yesterday. Music without chords and scales is where the scene is going and you want to get there first.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Ankit

Ankit Guest

You did not get the point.
    If someone can not create awesome melodies but he can edit and organise them in a good fashion, then there is no cheating in buying melody packs.
    People who can't record their snares download sample packs. There's nothing wrong in that.

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thats a really bad analogy. Big difference between using a snare sample or a whole chord progression. To us real musicians anyways.

4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

@9000k Boosting & abusing the rating system is unnecessary behavior, please refrain from such actions, thanks.

Friendly Reminder Guys, calling out members will mostly likely offend them, and start a never ending path of ridiculousness. Please be mindful when posting.

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's a very good book and it will answer a lot of your questions regarding the EDM genre :wink:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  6. ANdr3s

ANdr3s Member

Here is some useful information about chord, scales and structure from top beatport songs,http://edmprod.com/beatport-analysis/
    However the most popular scale in EDM is A min, because you know, just the white keys hahaha:hillbilly: :keys:, there are 12 scales , each one can have different modes, you should research by yourself about modal music because its a large topic.

7. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Ironically, I'm getting pretty good at guessing which posts are made by this guy just by looking at titles on AZ's Audiosex feed.

As I stated before (and now I'm pretty sure about it), All he's trying to do is to increase post counts and get recognized more as the "guy that asks beginner questions and already knows everything better than anyone"

Hopefully there's an ignore button here, for peace of mind. :)

8. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I'm one of the good guys around here..

9. Ankit

Ankit Guest

There are lots of producers who do not use their melodies. They use ghost producers. They are also musicians.
    Music theory is important. But using midi packs is not cheating. That's some of you people think.

10. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Is that an excuse? All you need is a single, organic instrument. An acoustic guitar, a voice, a harmonica, etc. You think music began when computer's were introduced to the world? How old ARE you???

11. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Many of the questions that come up on this forum are basically this:

"Teach me how to achieve different results without changing anything about what I do or the way I think"

Not satisfied with the lack of "magic pill answers", they'll ask the exact same thing after a few days. Watching them trying to get answers about theory by looking for more theory is both funny and painful to watch but in essence, I think these people are spamming the forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I recording 2 local rock bands right now. Cant do that on a harmonica, lol

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Yep, I like to make my casserole from scratch from a recipe I learned from my mother. It tastes unique and exquisite, exceptionally delicious.
    You can add a can of soup to your veggies and meat and tell them you did too. But it tastes exactly the same as everyone else's who cheated.

14. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Run us through your creation process?
    You take midi packs, load presets, copy, paste around until you finish? Must be really fun and fulfilling process... I guess that's what it means when you hear someone saying "guys go "make" some music".... they themselves literally "make" it as if it was a predefined mechanical process...
    In other words I completely fail to see the fun... again I guess that's what they mean when they say, "do you think producing EDM is easy?"... well that way it really must be a PITA to sit in front of a computer and copy, paste like a secretary, unless you're a preteen...

Sounds like the whole next level of denial...
    "Yes, we can"

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Well, according to you, majority of popular artists are cheaters just because they did not produce from scratch? :woot:

16. Adrianus Antonius

If one is only after money then "The end justifies the means", but in no way that person should ever consider himself to be a musician, if he can't do it on his own.

17. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

http://computoser.com/

Why bother doing anything at all? :rofl:

edit: If that's still too much work, you can visit iTunes or similar and download/stream music made by other people.

18. Ankit

Ankit Guest

It is very hard to perfect everything(music theory, sound design, mixing, mastering) by own. That is why even professionals gets help.
    And yes, there is fun doing all by yourself.:yes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Finally! I don't know about you guys, but thinking for myself has gotten lame. Cuz we all know how long thoughts take...:winker:

It's no more difficult then learning more than one instrument, or more than one language.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  20. Adrianus Antonius

Your own melody is the prime thing in music creation process which represents you, your individuality.