Which analog and/or vst instrument to make Indie Dance like this?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by shinbeth, Jun 18, 2020.

1. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could identify some of the instruments used in these 3 tracks (bassline, lead, noises & fx, percs, drums), which are typical of the current orientalish, retro vintage Indie Dance dancefloor music released on such labels such as Disco Halal, Life & Death, TAU, Innervisions, etc. with artists such as Chaim, The Organism, Moscoman, Perel, Terr, DJ Tennis, Whitesquare.

For the drums I'd say 606 or 707, for the rest not sure. Some acid lines sometimes, maybe TB 303 but not sure.

Thanks!

3. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

For the first one you can make pretty much any sound in that track in any virtual analogue synth e.g. Sylenth, Dune3, Diva, Repro you name it.

Its a basic saw plucked bass and a square wave 'bleep' with some extra pad layers and vocal bits.

The bottom two have more sample-based type stuff with possibly some synthesised hybrid type sounds in the third one like in this vid. The second one also sounds like it could have some old Korg/Roland patch early on for the melody from an M1/D50 or similar.

4. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

Sir your are of great help thank you so much! Gonna train myself on it <3

I have Diva, Repro, Sylenth, Dune3 and just took Serum last week, will try to play around such sounds cheers.

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

not expicit for this task i dunno but you def want add synapse legend to the squad