Where's the rest of these sound effect libraries?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Cartoondude135, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Cartoondude135

Cartoondude135 Newbie

I only have half the sound effects I need. If you can help find the rest, I'll be good to go to the next step of my animating life.

First, play the following:

Super Mario Bros. Z (both the original and remastered series), Tank Attack, River Raider, and Miniclip's Commando series. As you play them, listen to the sounds; they all share the same "anime-style" sound effects. So I bet the farm they must've come from the same library. But I'm stumped on which library or libraries to search for. And since Alvin Earthworm has yet to reply back on his X account for two weeks now, I have to try my luck here.

Next, half the libraries listed here https://soundeffects.fandom.com/wiki/Sound_Ideas_Canada_Ltd. (include that period after "Ltd" to get it to take you to that page) are not available here: https://soundideas.sourceaudio.com/albums

So if you can find the remaining sites that are distributing the missing libraries from that fandom page, please do.

Finally, after browsing my sound effects folder in "Details" view after downloading samples from Sound Effects Fandom, I began to notice clues: Anime, Cinesound, DePatie, DFE, Disney, Elektra Records, Famous Studios, FOX, Star Trek: Original TV Series, Joel Valentine, Hacienda, Hanna Barbera, Horta, Horta Hacienda, Alex Fresno, BBC, Bob Clampett, Harry Bluestone, Nickelodeon, Nelvana, New Warner Bros, NTWK, OMI, Pro Sound Effects, PSEL, Rocky and Bullwinkle, 20th Century Fox, Audio Effects Co., Rich Harrison, Mark Mangini, Richard L. Anderson, Skywalker, Warner Bros, Turner Entertainment, Unknown Sound Effects Library, and Valentino. These could be other sound effect providers like Hollywood Edge and Sound Ideas.

And all the sound effect libraries listed above must come from a site like Source Audio as these types of sites allow me to listen to every sound file so I know what I'm dealing with.

And I can tell you this: watch any episode of The Big Comfy Couch, Backyardigans, Dora The Explorer, Rayman PS1, Crisis Beat PS1, Chowder, Out Of Jimmy’s Head, The Suite Life, Foster’s Imaginary Friends, and Camp Lazlo. Then, listen to all the sounds in The Cartoon Trax 1. Do any of you recognize any of the sounds heard in that album? I certainly do! This is a tunnel vision moment that washed up upon me.

P.S, bear in mind, it took me 7 years to realize these sound effects are sorted into libraries for different scenarios (cartoon, ambience, crashes, explosions, guns, etc). So I'm still learning about these sounds via trial and error.

EDIT: 4 here: https://soundeffects.fandom.com/wiki/The_Hollywood_Edge are missing from Source Audio.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  3. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

BBC, Warner Bros and Lucasfilm have their own libs. Check archive dot ork for those epic "cracked pot" and Wilhelm screams. The rusty door creek is also a "classic". It's everywhere. Using sample libraries in Videogame- and TV production was common, because it's fast. Nintendo, Konami, Capcom used at least at one point in time Roland libs during PS/Saturn/N64-era. If I am not mistaken, the "Synth Mania" CD had some Mario64, Zelda64 and Silent Hill sounds and instruments(tDr. Hauzer on 3D0 uses sounds that appear later in Silent Hill, also they copied the menu 1:1. Maybe Konami gobbled up the dev MicroCabinand and they brought some old code and assets.)
    Anyway I digress, so check those ancient libs (Roland, Akai, Yamaha and E-Mu) out. I don't think they used E-Mu, but if you really want to know you can find out.
    And no, I did not play that Unity asset fipping trash you posted. Sorry :)

4. Cartoondude135

Cartoondude135 Newbie

Ok, here's an update:

Four of them, Animal Planet Sounds Vol. 1, The American Zoetrope SFX Collection - Sentinel Vault Archives, The American Zoetrope SFX Collection - Vehicles, and The American Zoetrope SFX Collection - Apocalypse Now are missing from The Hollywood Edge category.

While 43 are missing from Sound Ideas: Stones and Debris, Birds of Prey, Wildcats - Lions & Tigers Sound Effects Library Bundle, X-treme Whooshes 3 Production Elements, X-treme Whooshes 2, Sounds of Darkness Production Elements, Stings 'n Things Production Elements, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Library Volumes 6-10, Civilisation Soundscapes Surround Sound Effects Library, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Library Volumes 1-5, XV Series 2 Sound Effects Library, Megasonics Production Elements, X-treme Whooshes Production Elements, Basic Asia Sound Effects Library, Dimension Sound Effects Library, Dynamic Range Sound Effects Library - CDs 1 & 2, Dynamic Range Sound Effects Library - CDs 3 & 4, Just Boom Trax Surround Sound Effects Library, Immersion Red Book Audio Sound Effects Library, SFX Kit (Tommy Tallarico), XV Series 1 Sound Effects Library, Transitions Production Elements, Slam Bang Boom Production Elements, Blow Tools Sound Effects Library, Percussion Wall Production Elements, Captain Audio Sound Effects Library, Noise Generator Production Elements, Elements - Production Elements, Turner Entertainment Co. Sound Effects Library, Hanna-Barbera Lost Treasures Sound Effects Library, Disney Ideas Sound Effects Library, De Wolfe Sound Effects Library, 20th Century Fox Sound Effects Library, Audio Pro European Sound Effects Library, Hanna-Barbera Sound Effects Library, Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library, Universal Studios Sound Effects Library, The Works Sound Effects Library, Lucasfilm Sound Effects Library, BBC Sound Effects Library - Original Series, BBC Sound Effects Library - Second Edition, Series 1000 Sound Effects Library, and Network Sound Effects Library.

Please find these in addition to what's listed above if you can.

5. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

I do animation and google sound fx because it's fasten than browsing Terrabytes of tiny samples and you probably find the very same fx like on those CDs on the web. Just my 2 cents.
    Some of them are on archive.org like BBC, Turner Media, Sound Ideas Lucasfilm, various Hanna-Barbera. like I have already posted before
    You won't get links here , because that's requesting warez. I am out of your hair now.