Where to start...

Discussion in 'Working with Video' started by Skyhook, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook Newbie

Hey everyone, I am brand new to video editing, and figured I would hear your thoughts on my options. I just want to edit some videos to use in Ableton with my music. Basically just chopping and combining with some some effects here and there. Looking for something fairly straightforward, simple interface...I just downloaded the Wondershare Video Editor from AudioZ, I haven't tried it out yet...

3. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

You can start doing basic editing in anything fairly quick. I've used Sony Vegas and had no problem with it, although it's a powerhouse.

4. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

If you're on a Mac (which I doubt), iMovie used to be the simplest thing around, like an entry-level Final Cut Pro. The only PC-related video editor I'm really familiar with is Adobe Premiere, but there's a bit of a learning curve there. They pretty much all work the same, but some are complicated regarding the way they go about it.

5. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

How long is the music part and does it stay constant in bpm?

6. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Camtasia if you are CPU challenged. Seemed pretty easy even for a noob like me.

7. Skyhook

Skyhook Newbie

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I am on a PC (Win 7). Most of the music I'm working with is a fixed BPM, songs usually around 6-8 minutes...I tried out Wondershare's video editor, it seems simplistic but pretty usable..I think I will try out Vega as well...

8. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer