Where to get the 'Free" plugins from Computer Music magazine?

Discussion in 'Software' started by notremid, Aug 4, 2018.

1. notremid

notremid Producer

From where does one get the 'Free" plugins from Computer Music magazine without actually buying the magazine. I think I read somewhere one can access the CM download vaults somehow without buying the magazine. I really want the new Psychic Modulation Phonec 2 CM edition plugin.

Any help anyone?

3. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I bet when you get this holy grail you will wonder why you bothered. Never mind..... there are plenty of CM's on the sister site and also as torrents. You need to know the exact edition that had your plugin and download that. Log onto CM site and answer a question which will be something like 'what is the fourth word of the second paragraph on page 41'. Fill that out and all the downloads in that issue will be yours. At least that's how it worked last time I did it.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

You can access the computer music vault to download from there, but you will need to create an account, and , to access the material related to a specific issue, you will need a copy of it, because they will ask questions like: what is the 3 word oh the title page 43?
    You can obtain a copy of the magazine at sister site...

5. notremid

notremid Producer

Thanks guys:thanks: Got it and some more freebies! This is why I love this place. Much love to both @tvandlover and @Olymoon ! :cheers:

6. Coconut_Head

Coconut_Head Newbie

Is that link still good? I go there and it looks awful virusy

7. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

File silo? Yes, that's CM's legit file host. There's no password/quiz on the site anymore, their old stuff (up to late 2022) is just freeware now. Caveats: You can't request new serials for full versions, some archives may require passwords - you'll need the accompanying issue of CM for that.

8. Coconut_Head

Coconut_Head Newbie

I actually got there via a different link, but in the end I still had to answer the quiz questions to get my software. BUT not all of past software and sample libraries were there. In fact, a main one I was looking for (Acustica Audio's Violet CM) wasn't there, as well as a number of sample libraries I was interested in. Can't find proper contact info either to ask them

9. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

It's right there. (Looks interesting, gonna take it for a spin [...] Okay, it sounds good, but it eats obscene amounts of CPU)

upload_2023-11-20_21-43-58.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  10. Coconut_Head

Coconut_Head Newbie

It wasn't in my download (as others online have noted). I did, however, find it elsewhere