Where to create/find this type of piano

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by adrien, Mar 14, 2017.

1. adrien

adrien Guest

Hi,

I am looking for pianos who can do the job like these 2 examples from Calvin Harris :

http://bit.ly/2mUKokA

I know that it is processed by plugins like certainly a compressor, maybe a transient master, certainly an EQ, a small reverb, a limiter. The sustain should be a part of the piano, but I don't know how to improve this sustain effect.

I have a Hans Zimmer piano from Spitfire Audio, but the sound is really different, I guess this type of piano has to be less 100$ because someone told me "cheap pianos are the best in the dance area", but I don't know where to find this type...
    I also have Nexus but the piano presets are not what I'm looking for (except the "PN Ballad Grand Piano" and maybe a 2nd preset which could maybe suit). I also have Alicia Keys piano, the Ableton Live pack Piano..

I checked Pianoteq, Korg M1, Sampletekk, Arturia..

Maybe it's all about added plugins, but I know I need to have a good piano from the beginning.

I heard that the Vengeance Avenger could have a good piano... or maybe an extra pack of Nexus but which one.
    Could you help me ?

Thanks

3. adrien

adrien Guest

I checked on Youtube the factory presets of the Avenger from Vengeance, the piano section seems nice for 2-3 presets, in the direction I'm looking for. What do you think ?

4. alexbart

alexbart Producer

from the credits section of the song "slide" it uses a yamaha cs7
    to me it sounds like a typical grand piano, then it's up to you to eq, reverb etc.

[​IMG]