Where to buy Alan Abel triangles in Europe?

Discussion in 'Selling / Buying' started by Andrew, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hello,
    I would like to order probably the world's best 6" symphonic triangle, but it appears it's available only in the U.S. Some shops are willing to ship it to Europe, but the shipping prices are too steep ($45 if sent as a parcel, the triangle would fit in small envelope). Here's link to Amazon: link
    So does anybody know in which shop in Europe is this triangle available at reasonable price ($68 USD equivalent)?

Thanks in advance

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

http://www.thefind.com/instruments/browse-symphonic-triangle

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I have 5 or 6 triangles. I looked up Abel triangles. Expensive. Do they sound that much better than, say, a RhythmTech or LP? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/concert-percussion/alan-abel-triangle

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

thefind.com is only for Canada/U.S., some shops offer international shipping, but still a bit pricey. thefind.co.uk returned no matches as well as amazon.co.uk or ebay.co.uk. Guess I'd better contact some of my US friends to get it for me (free shipping across US) and reship it in small envelope. BTW, paying $30 import tax on a metallic tube seems ridiculous to me.

I don't have a clue, that's one of the reasons to try them. There was a recording of a warm-up where the triangleplayer tuned it and I did like the sound.