Where the heck is my Sliced beats folder?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by solo83, Mar 29, 2020.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Okay, I upgraded PCs, and switched from FL Studio 11, to the newest FL Studio 20 version. I managed to copy all of my sounds, vsts, vstis, projects folder and drumkits over. Everything shows up fine, except my sliced beats folder. You can clearly see the folder in the windows explorer directory where I put it which is C:Programs/Imageline/data/patches. Yet when I load up FL Studio the folder isn't there, even though everything else is. What is going on? I have pictures showing the problems. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm guessing it's something really simple, and I'm just too bone headed not to figure out. snip 1.PNG snip 2.PNG

3. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

FYI, what's pretty ironic, is that sliced audio shows up in FL Studio, yet in the very exact windows explorer directory where it's actually located, it's not there. What the hell is going on?

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    @solo 83 Sliced Audio is a FL Studio folder. The Sliced Beats folder is a custom folder you made. Therefore, you must point Fl Studio to it. Options> File Settings>Click on an empty row under Browser Extra Search Folders, locate the Sliced Beats file, give it a name and you are good to go. It will show up in your browser.

Edit: The FL Studio Sliced Audio folder is located at C:/Users/*****/My Documents/Image line/Fl Studio/Audio. If you move your files in there they will show up or use symlinks. I also noticed that your FL Studio is not installed in the default location.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Bobs Ur Unkle

Bobs Ur Unkle Ultrasonic

yeah they've moved the directories about a bit, its right where the man the Pirate said it is now.. :wink:

6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Does anyone know the significance of 23rd April 2015?

Answer= That's the day @Pirate didn't know the answer to an audio software related question!!!

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I knew it but I was in jail serving 60 days for indecent exposure, and they did not allow me to use the internet. I had exposed Antares Mic Modeling as the biggest piece of shit software ever created.

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Indecent exposure huh? So tell me.. where did ya hide your gun :O