Where is the Pluginmanager.xml file in Cubase 11 pro

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Pure Energy, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I cant find it Does 11 even use it or did they rename it :( help!!!

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

C:\Users{your login name}\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\PluginManager.xml

Show hidden files
    Windows 7 Windows 10 Windows 8.1

Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

Windows 10
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.

2. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
    Windows 8.1
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then select Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then select Search).

2. Type folder in the search box, then select Folder Options from the search results.

3. Select the View tab.

4. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
    Windows 7
    1. Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.

2. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.

3. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  4. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\PluginManager.xml

5. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

Looked there did not See :( C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64\PluginManager.xml

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

can't you just wildcard search *.xml and then sort?

7. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

there are lots of .XML files and no Preset manager i believe I have to make my own collection to generate the xml flie so that it can edited

8. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Oh wow.... look the xml is created each time you start Cubase, you can delete it, it will simply reappear on the next restart, once Cubase has time to scan the plugin folder. You might lose all your customisation, but the point is you don't need to create it Cubase does. If you don't have one you either,
    1. have never started Cubase.
    2. Have not told it where your plugin folder is, but even then it should pick up the VST3's
    3. You don't have a working copy of Cubase...

BTW the folder with the .xml can be simply found by using the folder shortcut in the Steinberg menu entry, called User Settings Data Folder

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021