Where could this sound be used?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, May 9, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

I wanted to make a dance track but ended in this sound. :bleh:
    Would you please guide me if you were the creature of this sound, where were you using it? ِOther than for your pets or sitting your girlfriend's period out. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This is the most coherent piece I have heard from you yet. With the right beat and arrangement/structure, this could be a whole (dance) song

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Appreciate alot. But about the coherency, please listen to this track tagged Abstract IDM:
    https://clyp.it/lwrzt0a1

5. Beth

Beth Guest

That's neat ! To me it sounds like it could be used in a cinematic/soundtrack piece.
    I like the chord progression :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. LZ Jaydon

LZ Jaydon Producer

This I like!

sounds very original.

7. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Nice patch. What did you use to make it?

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Just piano roll and image-line's synths and nothing else. What about this?

9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I would be a Metroid, and I would be using it when Samus and I were getting married! The second one would be when we go for a vape & were attacked by (extraordinarily) unlucky bats; in Simon Belmont's castle before the honeymoon. Which was on an actual moon! See what I did there >__> <__<

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

To me it sounds like a soundtrack for a documentary on early 90s Russian economy. Dark and moist.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Dark+Moist=Dank

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

The third one. After the Soviet Union completely fucked up :bleh::

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Not bad at all, really suitable for documentaries and tv. You should focus on this style, youre good at it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Finally man! Beautiful to see Foster911 finding himself and blossoming into an astral 90ies russian economy master.

And talking about economy:

I realize those are sketches and don't wanna spoil the triumph, yet I got this tip I wanted to share: You really owe it to yourself now to try economizing notes, like a miserly beggar who has no extra notes to give out. Just because a note can sit somewhere doesn't mean that it always should. Maybe you could omit it, or sustain a previous note strategically to help omit the next one almost unnoticeably.

Or another way to think about it: see how few notes you can get away with and still have the track "working" like before. It should stay the same, functionally, don't make it into a minimal techno piece. Helps you make the harmonic moves become "lazy" like molasses and gain such weight + you also find many natural opportunities for where the sound's own laziness leads to beautiful illegal tones and new rhythms. it's around that point that you will tug at people's emotions most, with exactly that apparent lack, economy, laziness which is similar to a living creature.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm so indebted and grateful to all of you for listening to my peculiar and outlandish music. TBH, creating dance music is harder than it seems. I made these tracks in the tempo of 60 bpm. When tempo goes over to fast speeds, notes lose their meaning and connotation and also grooves project themselves more. This would be a probable explanation that classical musicians usually have problem in understanding of general electronic music. Nailing oneself more to the slow tempos is not the initial expectation and tide of opinion behind the electronic music. Electronic must be fast.:bleh: