Where can I see/Do I need to reset my SNPID numbers in Preferences file?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by spncart, Oct 14, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

Hi guys, do I need to reset my SNPID numbers directory from time to time to make sure it's clean and not conflicting? I feel like some 001-999 numbers are taken even though I don't have many .xml files just yet.

Is there a plugin/way for me too see all the taken SNPID numbers at a glance?

I've been using NICNT Generator, NICNT Creator, Kitty's Kontakt Library Script... what's your most direct, go-to way of adding Kontakt librairies in a clean manner (without conflicting numbers)?

Cheers.

3. spncart

spncart Producer

Okay never mind guys, Kitty's Kontakt Library Script > Add Library did the job! I think I will never use anything else from now on.

4. watercolours

watercolours Noisemaker

Hi, I downloaded Kitty's script but I don't really know how to use them for adding Kontakt Libraries, could someone explain it to me please. Thanks

5. spncart

spncart Producer

Just open the > Add Library module and point it the Kontakt library.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Ok a couple of myths that I thought were real and to clarify

• Initially, almost everyone thought the snpid numbers were based on a hexadecimal system, myself included. I initially thought it was A-F and 0-9.They are not. Yes to 0-9 and while I have not seen one with a Z in it, I have seen one with a W, so it appears all 26 letters of the alphabet unless someone can show a definitive layout to the contrary as they accept them.
    • snpid numbers ARE case sensitive, someone said they're not, they are. For example - one library with snpid aA1 is not the same as AA1 or Aa1 or aa1. That is four different library numbers so the options are greater than assumed.
    The nicnt generator available on the sister site tells you immediately if a snpid number is already taken. The last Bob Dule version of Kontakt on the sister has this checker. When it is green it has not been used and when it is red, the snpid is taken.
    It checks against the XML files in the Native Instruments Service center. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

ALSO - in the Service Center is a pre-registered reserved set of numbers done already for you by Native Instruments.
    Look at it and you will find a pile of snpid's already taken without you trying to add them by mistake.
    "NativeAccess.xml"

So I am not chasing my tail, I have a text file created where I add the last snpid I created. That way, I sequentially move to the next without trying to work out what the last one I did was.

cheers

upload_2021-10-21_0-0-42.png upload_2021-10-21_0-5-19.png

To see them all at once - Download Notepad++ (It's free).
    Open Notepad++ and then select every xml file inside C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center and drop them into Notepad++ - If you have a lot wait a few minutes. THEN - do a Find in all - type in '<snpid>' (without inverted commas).

You can then see the snpid of every single file loaded (if a lot of files it is not instantaneous)- If you want them in sequence, you'll have to then sort, which will also take some time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

In Notepad++ if you follow the above loading all XML files described underneath the piccy's, you do it like this.
    upload_2021-10-21_0-35-0.png

8. watercolours

watercolours Noisemaker

Thanks a lot!! will try tomorrow, I thought it was a very complicated process in the terminal...will report back

9. watercolours

watercolours Noisemaker

Thanks man, it works perfectly indeed, I really thought it was a tedious terminal thing which I'm not used to do but this Kitty's script is perfect, thanks to him!!!