when someone says to use up-to-date-synths what do they mean?

Discussion in 'Software' started by samsome, May 2, 2020.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

when someone says to use up-to-date-synths what do they mean?

i have reason propellerhead and not sure if the stock synth sounds there are suitable

3. Satai

Satai Rock Star

They're more than suitable. Great synths in Reason. Don't worry about it, it's about how you use them, less about what synths you've got.

4. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

Time for an upgrade! IT's NOW called REASON STUDIOS, just fyi.

5. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

When someone says something, you should ask that person what they mean. They said it. Besides,the phrase up-to-date is silly anyway. New is not synonymous with better. If it were Behringer would make brand new synths, not clones of hardware from 40 years ago.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Up-to-date? Like Behringer's rip-offs of old classics?
    They probably don't know wtf they are talking about. Has anything new happened after subtractive, FM, wavetable and granular synthesis were introduced?

7. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

When someone says to use more up to date synths it means they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Annnnnnnnnnnd I should have looked at the post above mine first. Great minds...

8. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

i guess maybe like the "soundbanks" in a way, what's kinda trending now adays. those future bass sounds. like melbournce bounce horns isn't so much any more - and even dubstep wobbles are kinda dating your production... what's interesting is the retro elements keep coming back. in five years, that 90s house stuff will probably back in vogue. and then everyone will want their... sylenths back? well sylenth is so versatile... it lasts...

9. dnz2dbt

dnz2dbt Member

Well, the person saying this might not know a whole lot about synths. Any synth can do modern style sounds - it's all about who uses them. Ok, a strict rompler like Roland U-20 might not sound so fresh, but apart from old worn out samples, samplerpatches, homekeyboards and romplers, you just have to program a synth to your 'modern' genre. The factory DX7 patches is an example of sounds most is a bit tired of, don't use those, but the DX7 can still produce fantastic sounds today.