When libraries appear and disappear from the Library tab

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ellin, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

Hi guys,
    first, sorry for my English and for this problem that surely has already been discussed in the forum.
    I have a question about libraries that disappear from the Library tab when Kontakt is closed and reopened.
    The first time that I add it, are shown regularly. Closing and reopening Kontakt disappear, but can not be added again because Kontakt says they are already in the library tab.
    Deleting them from the register (with KLM) and adding again, he repeats the same story...
    How do I add them permanently?
    Thanks for the suggestions!

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

again , i personal think , because ive seen this too much often , people should stop messing arround with snipid´s and any tool to add none official Kontakt Player Librarys to the Player Tab , if they are really not know in reality what they are doing and don´t know the background process , no wonder if something doesent work anymore in general for those peoples .

about your problem , just try first to install the latest service center .

4. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

Thanks for your answer TinTin. Yes you are right. I tend to include only official libraries tab in the Player Tab, but in this case it was an old library (EWQL Hardcore bass), and all other libraries EWQL have never had problems ...

5. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

6. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

Thanks for advice. I have not solved the problem, but since the library works equally I decided to let it go.

7. mapjay

mapjay Member

i would agree with TinTin that is most likely a duplicate .nicnt # with another library, if you have been making your own .nicnt files for libraries that didn't originally come with a .nkx or .nicnt file. you can youtube or google on how to make your own .nicnt files, the right way. or search here, i'm sure... however, it could also be your specific (k'd) kontakt version. i'm assuming your kontakt is (k'd), of course... clearly, a legit paid-for version of kontakt will not open any library (or most libraries, at least) that you did not pay for and register thru service center. that wouldn't normally affect them showing up and staying in the Library tab, however i've seen some funky (k'd) versions of kontakt that have not performed properly, before. so either or, listen up:

maybe someone else more PC-friendly can chime-in, if i'm correct here = im not sure about windows, but on mac, the best version of kontakt 5 released (k'd, of course...), was v5.4.1 by R2R. It will play every library, ever, including older east west libraries that were made back in kontakt 2,3 and 4 (and some of those libraries didn't even have a .nkx or .nicnt file, back then).

kontakt v5.4.1 even plays most libraries that require v5.4.2, like some of the newer NI libraries that came out at the same time, or shortly after, v5.4.1 and were noted to require v5.4.2. kontakt v5.4.1 by R2R for Mac is fully unlocked. best kontakt v5.x, ever! if you completely remove all traces of any previous kontakt version, empty the trash and restart the computer - and then install the above-mentioned v5.4.1, and replace the installer files with the correct amended ones (and don't ever update kontakt thru Service Center), this version should be your holy grail, for a while. Guessing you prob don't have any of the most brand-new libraries, anyway - but there are a couple new libraries that require the newer v5.5, but especially if you don't have those libraries yet... i would stick with v5.4.1 for awhile, it's the best.

good luck! happy kontakting :)

8. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

What Tin Tin said. Disappearance is only because if service center is not installed.

9. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

Thanks for the suggestions! As for the old libraries East West I think it depends on the version of Kontakt installed (others members argue that with v. 5.0.2 installed older libraries without any problems, and upgrade Kontakt only after the installation).
    However, next week I format my PC from scratch (I expect looooong evenings of settings and installations), and I will try to follow a consistent method ... I will tell you.