when is hip hop going to leave these clowns in the past?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jake Jlinngall, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I see on the news that the Paris Opera House now want to embrace 'diversity'. This probably means that we'll have Rappers and Hip Hop in the Opera Houses now. Why select on talent, if you can have crap to show diversity.

2. WillyA

WillyA Producer

If this ever happens, we will ONLY get rap, crap, hip hop and trash, because that's what the MAJORITY want. Today, people listen to what they are TOLD to do, and when the teachers, the universities, the media, Social Media and the haunted fish tank tell them Rap is WONDERFUL, and if you don't embrace it you are a RACIST, FASCIST pig, guess what the sheep listen to.

3. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins Kapellmeister

I wasn't being that serious you know!

I don't have much time for most people tbh, they're too malleable and trusting to be of any use to me. We live in an age where so much information is freely available, yet so many are oblivious to anything that is not shoved in their faces by corporations.

Anyway, back on topic.....ban microphones, job done.

4. clearthelaunchpad

clearthelaunchpad Noisemaker

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Yes, there was an increase in the abuse of tilidine. But now you have to ask yourself the following question: Did the young people take tilidine just because they thought their role models were taking it, or did they take tilidine because they didn't know it before and wanted to try something new? To be honest, my experience tells me it's the second. And that means that rappers have played a role in spreading the word about this drug, but they are not responsible for young people getting it. Because otherwise this form of argumentation would be applicable to any medium: documentaries, news, etc etc. Example:
    Newsflash: "The abuse of tilidine has increased by 48% in the last year" - this means that kids have learned about the existence of this drug and can now take care of procuring it.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

There are dynamic microphones, condensor and ribbons, but I've never heard of a ban microphone! Do they help you sing better?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

both
    Partly yes , partly no .
    It the same with liqueur advertising and cigarette advertising .But some of capital bra and 187 are pure drug advertising . Dont get me wrong im for legalize it all , all other is very very very stupid and it his realizable in very different ways for every drug , so that very less people would get introduced to all kind of drugs , like with criminalized marked as it is .

8. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins Kapellmeister

Tbh there's nothing in this world that's going to make me sing better, although whisky can temporarily give the illusion.

9. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Thanks for posting this. Lord I do love FZ......

10. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Probably time to do a Lil' Uzi Vert Taylor Swift Kenny Cheesy Merzbow mashup. I am going to put a screaming guitar solo in there also, that how I roll!

11. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

There is no "culture", the culture has been vultured!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  12. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

What makes Opera a superior artform to HipHop, unless of course you bigotly derive from the fact that Opera is European in origin and old, that it therefor must better, the rationale of frustrated alt-right nutjobs?

Opera is based on an obsolete musical aesthetic that originated in a highly compartmentalized society and catered only to the minority of people who made up the nobility of this hierarchical society. Its not popular in any sense of the word. The deliberately exaggerated, piercing style of singing in Operas is a pain to the ear of any harmonically inclined person. Opera was the cheap and tasteless variant of entertainment of the decadent courtly elite at the time.

I much prefer Chamber Music over any Opera.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

krs one talking about the culture and the industry:

really nice documentary about yung lean, mental health, art and characters. worth watching its really good

14. zqone537

zqone537 Noisemaker

Peace yall,

Just wanted to add my feelings and show my Love for Hip Hop/Rap on this. So I was raised in the hood of NYC but I wasn’t hood. I played ball so I got my rep for that. But I played ball with the drug dealers and hood cats as well. So I’m not an outsider looking in but an insider who chose to look inward in myself to be better. However….don’t get it twisted yall, weather NYC, Germany, Sweden, etc; the hood is the hood. F’ed up is F’ed up!

So the first thing about this Hip Hop/Rap is the fact it is a genre that requires no Music training and history to get started making music. This is it’s genius, it’s meaning in its creation, and why it took the world by storm!

This is also it’s curse. People can start doing this with no context on how and why it started. Who started it. How it has evolved into what is is today as well. There have been courses for all other genres of music for many years in school. If you start talking about in any of these genres of music, you gotta know the who's whose and what nots.

So this brings us to the issue at hand…..Why is the subject of violence in Hip Hop/Rap such a huge talking point? Because of it’s staring point, Thats why! Afrika Bambaaatsa helped to found the Zulu Nation which was embedded in the Hip Hop culture, to Stop the violence in the hoods of the BX. Created the principles of Hip Hop (Peace, Love Unity, and Having Fun). Was Djing and MCln and block parties. While Kool Herc was Djin at parties and created the Round Robin( WHat we call Break Beats today). It was about bringing together people who were considered less than and treated as such in modern society.

So the evolution of Hip Hop/Rap started from these 2 leading pioneers( as well as a long list of others who where there at the start). And then comes the beginning of it spreading…..

Sugar Hill Gang- Rappers Delight- U.S. only

Blondie-Rapture This song right here put HIp Hop/Rap on the world map! That’s something really mind blowing! A white female from a Euro-pop band puts Hip hop on the map. So like some cats have been saying, this is not a new thing. But the US (Mostly East Coast is leading the charge) is still leading the charge.

Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5- The Message. No more Hipity Hopity fun vocals. It was a landmaker for the first song giving people a look into the life and mentality of growing up in the hood.

Cool Moe D- Starts switching up the rhyme flows and it’s not so simple anymore. Rhyming o ń just the 2 and 4. Also LL Cool J and Run DMC helping to broaden the song concepts and exposing the 5 elements along with the culture and style.

KRS One- Rise of the intelligent Rapper.

Doug E Fresh/ Fat Boys- The bringing of the Beat Box

Freddy Fox- Hardcore rapper. But without glorification of violence. A harder version of Mele Mel from the Furious 5.

Eric B and Rakim- The rise of the spiritually conscious rapper. Also the rise of lyrical MC.

NWA- Rise of the “true” Gansta Rapper. I say true because the were talking about what they were living in Compton L.A. And were anit- police. Which is still a relevant issue even today in 2021.

Ice T, Too Short, 2 Live Crew- Rise of the Hardcore Pimp.

This gives rise to what is called the Golden Era. But the most interesting thing about this area was “Intent” was more important then “content” in this era. If you was a bitin fake MC who was talking about stuff you didn’t know or didn’t do….The you was clowned! Not just in the gangsta rap context, but in all Hip Hop/Rap divisions. If you was a party rapper(Kid and Play), lyrical rapper(Nas), Spiritual( Brand Nubian), etc. All forms of Hip Hop and Rap were shown Love and appreciated for what they were. And more importantly, Given air play! But you had to come right and exact. It was a united front. The songs. We are all in the same gang (West Coast) and Self Destruction(East Coast) speaking out against violence in the hood are testaments to that fact.

Look, all I’m sayin is that Hip Hop/Rap did not just end up the way it is today because it just did. It has a history. Just like every other genre of music yall. The mainstream media and media corporations thought it was going to be just a fad. A fluke. Until they saw it could make them millions of billions of dollars. So they jumped on the bandwagon. And began to develop a formula. If you do the research you’ll find out that the East Cost West Coast beef was in fact made up by the media to dis-infrancise the unity. Biggie and Tu-pac were friends before all that BS by the media.They used them. And became martyrs for them. To continue on this subject we would need to start a whole other thread. So much more I wished to add in detail.

Look , 99% of music being supported by mass media is suffering from a lack of heart and soul. But great music is out there if you care to find it. Hip Hop/Rap had, and has the potential to be more if we judge it by its origins. Because it comes from a DIY, F the system, and modern trend spirit! Like, Ima take this record. Loop it. Record some vocals. And put a song out expressing myself in my own unique way.

15. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Thank you for the history lesson.
    How is this on-topic to the thread title and op?

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

History is implicit in the title of the thread...for if one knows not where to dump those two artist they must forever remain in the present.

When is hip hop going to leave these clowns in the past?

Science Fiction 101
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday
    Lois Lane Hall, Room 420
    9:00 am

17. Smoove Grooves

It was nice to read all that and the memories it brought.
    But:
    The Golden Era was from '81 to '91, no?
    And most of what you mentioned was in it, and in the 80s.

18. alwin1

alwin1 Kapellmeister

The golden era of hiphop depends on what rap music was in when the listener was a kid.

In the past, usually ten to twenty years earlier, everything was better anyway, according to human psychology.

19. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  20. Smoove Grooves

I've seen '86-'93, and '87-'92 as well.
    Yet myself, and now KRS-1 I just found, say '81-'91 and then the next Golden Age with Tribe and Wu-Tang.
    Maybe that is because of our age, you say? Interesting.
    Because with comic books for instance, the Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze Age eras are all agreed upon.
    If the first Action Comics with Superman heralded the Golden Age, with Batman a few years later, then surely this is the same as Rapper's Delight, Rapture, and The Message?
    The first one being from 1979, then 1980, then 1982.
    How can these not be in the Golden Age?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.