when is hip hop going to leave these clowns in the past?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jake Jlinngall, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

the R must be silent

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

One fact missing from these posts, including the OP, is the fact that the backbone of this industry is run by corporate america. Businesses exist to make money. In order to make money, there must be a product that the potential clients want. If the clients want cop killers, we will give them John Dillinger. If the clients want to hear about drugs, no fucking problem. We will give them Pablo Escobar, and Tony Montana. Do they want terrorists? Piece of cake.We can give them Bin Laden,Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and even Foster 911. Rape? Call up that kid that says he is Jack the Reaper. Bottom line is this, those artists, and the money making machinery behind them follow trends in order to sell. Credibility, therefore, is second to making money.When you are making millions who cares about what an OG said about you being fake? Indeed, you pray that it will stir up some controversy which always is good for publicity and more sales. Shiiiit, maybe shots are fired, one of them gets killed and becomes a legend or goes to jail and becomes a poster boy for wannabes. This industry is all about making money. The artists of today are doing what others did before them in order to sell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Each his own!
    Instead hating the new trends, i better give a funk and listen to intelligent dope shit from real people. I can hear if some1 spit real soul on dope beats? Let the corporate boys listen to their sellout. Whatever

4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I agree the song is was somewhat interesting. I remember it made a big splash back in the day. If we judge it by the same metric as OP standard.

Cher: Colored Contact Lenses. Fake Hair, Botox, Fake Boobs, Plastic Surgery, Lip Injections, Post Menopausal DAP. Why aren't all the Selena Gomez & Halsey fans flooding boards with "these tired ass grandmas need to stop pretending like they can get a man going with anything other than their bank or even get wet.

Real still gets trough. You've got to respect that most young kids have a filter and they know these guys are clowns.

Outside suckers nobody is buying these kids are gangsters, kids are not as dumb as you think. They are going to like what they like, things come and go.

I came up around some real down on their luck guys and people who made bad choices at some point in their lives and got stuck on the hamster wheel for life in Norfolk, Portsmouth & Newport News. What you guys are calling OGs.

I don't know anyone of them who when they were sober wouldn't sell out for a big house, a safe house, a nice place for their kids and a shit-ton of cash to get the fuck out BHR if all they had to do was unbutton their shit and dance like an idiot while holding a forty oz and a fake blunt in front of a camera. All the dudes I came up with that got big into I am real thug 'game' are in jail, came out of jail and came back in, or living in the same hoods or are laid up hard in thier ass end of Suffolk if their hoods got gentrified while they were locked up, waiting to get moved somewhere else cause now Suffolk is getting gentrified.

Besides out of all the rappers, how many of them do you think were actually real gangsters. I'm not talking about some kids that sold a few dimes or ozs here and there and had a heater at some point, or I guess am a gangster too and I didn't even know it. I am talking about grimy ass real gangsters that did grimy shit and ran shit: Easy-E / Fat Joe / Big Pun level. 50-60?

Let it go man. Kids are going to like who they like. Tomorrow they'll move on to something else, there is always going to be some that is going to sing mammy and camp-town ladies and there is always going to be someone who wants to pay them to do it. Don't get hung up on that shit.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. bonafont

bonafont Newbie

how does this affect you? live and let live.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Well, idk about you, but I have a functioning tongue and mouth so it wouldn’t come out quite the same :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Tupac is the fakest shit ever.
    Motherfucker did ballet for fuck's sake.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  8. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Then smoke a shitload of weed, drink Henny & drink lean. Then you will get it from the HD1080p from da left.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

10. M McB

M McB Producer

Yall salty lmaooo you would all master these guys tracks if they came to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Why do you think this thread is here ?
    Because this scam is OVER

Like "democracy"
    We seen it falling this 20/01/2021 (strange numbers, not ?)

I'm really eating popcorn and counting points those days
    All that social bullsh1t revealed is PERFECT

I was waiting for this since i was a kid : ALL those scammers (artists, politics, bankers...) disappearing in the realm of their nonsense existence
    :cheers:

Enjoy Truth !

12. curtified

curtified Rock Star

This is a lil too deep with the dates etc. But I do agree we are ironically living in mask off times. We have so much access to information that the people in power are getting exposed at a higher rate than in the past. That doesn't mean that they still won't have the power over the masses. No matter what they always win. Rules can be bent in their favor. Let alone the piles of misinformation clouding up the actual truth.

As for Rap and Pop music. True schoolers have always hated on the mainstream over the years. That won't change. There is always the old man talking about back in my day things were this or that. The masses choose their taste as a reflection of their culture. The underground chooses its taste as a reflection of their culture. Usually, its the youth that guide the waves.

The cyclical nature of Underground affecting the mainstream will always happen. Even the first video of smokepurpp that was posted. The orig sample in there is a wutang sample. TBH the producer flipped it real well.

13. curtified

curtified Rock Star

This is how I feel reading some of the comments here :rofl:

:guru:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  14. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

@DoubleTake wins the thread:rofl::rofl:

15. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I put blame on software developers on this, the one who has the wealth to venture into this genre. Vocal is also instrument. Yet there is no backing track generator for young mc to practice and develop their main instrument.. i mean like if doing and rhyming using band in a box custom backing track to practice rap is like weird right guys? not suit for rap vocal instrument.. and so they do it over sampling tracks and thus contributes to clown influencing factor.. band in a box is much more suited for practice with guitar bass trumpet instrument for example.. not for vocal rap instrument.. just imo.. something like that :shalom:

16. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Music in general is a degenerative culture. Every great musician I can think of, across all genres, Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Ray Charles, Pete Doherty, Steven Tyler, Bobby Brown, Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston etc etc..was a dope fiend, outcast, asshole, or more than likely all of the above. First it was rock, now hip hop is the filter-free face of the chaotic music, and entertainment industry... Hip hop isn't a joke, it's the embodiment of high class, glamourous lifestyle. Hip hop is the most cosmopolitan genre of music we have globally, in regards to people 45 years and younger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

This whole topic is childish and stupid. Rappers are first and foremost musicians. And in the best case they are also very talented lyrically and excellent actors.
    Who cares if a rapper has really lived and done the things he talks about? For example, I remember a German rapper named Curse, who in the early 2000s told incredibly immersive stories that were completely his imagination. The same goes for many other talented rappers around the world. Eminem, Nas, Tupac.... just to name a few. It may be helpful to have experienced the things you write about, but it's not necessary... if you have enough empathy and imagination. All we want as listeners are stories that capture our imagination. Stories that catapult us into another world. I guess J.R.R. Talkin never met an elf or a dwarf in his life.

And from my own experience: from an engineer's point of view it is absolutely not pleasant to have REAL gangsters sitting armed next to you in the studio.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

I don't care whether they are fantasists or not. I've never heard of these two, and they just look like people you wouldn't want to meet in real life. I guess the more general point is whether they influence their listeners to go out and do the things their "music heroes" are claiming to have done.

This doesn't mean it should be banned. Very few people who watch a Tarantino movie then go out on a shooting spree. But it's important that young minds who follow them understand that it's all a fantasy.

19. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Valid perspective. Not what the OP said though.

20. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Some new shit, I feel:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.