When do you want to convince yourself "not to produce any kind of dance music"?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ICWC, Oct 29, 2018.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

Grok first i thought what ? but then....dance music yes :yes:
    :rofl:

2. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

Nah, not really...i justed hated eurodance so much, even though (or maybe because) i love house and techno.
    When i stumble over some of that shit nowadays (eg 2unlimited or captain hollywood) i have to admit i actually find it quite funny.

3. Rudy Manterie

Grok's first thought is grog, right?

4. One
    of the greatest dance scenes in one of the greatest films, and ALL about dance. I feed the llort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

No comment:

6. Rudy Manterie

fuckin tight

7. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I had to check myself for a vagina after watching the "greatest dance scenes in one of the greatest films". :wink: I don't care if I'm the only person alive that doesn't like it, it was terrible imo.

Disclaimer: I do not like any musicals and or dance orientated movies, that I know of. Yes, I've tried. there's a few dancers in my family, they often insist.

Seriously, the worst is when I'm not expecting it and suddenly everyone starts dancing and or singing. Cringe all over. I suppose if there's a devil of some sort, it can just play those for eternity and I'd lose my shit. :thumbsdown:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Thought of this quite a bit. I am mixing an album from a band lately and this OP kept bugging me, stuck in my mind. Considered writing a small essay how dance lifts the spirit to the highest heights etc, etc. How it is one of the most archaic human urges with its origins lost in the sands of time. But hey i won't do that mate. I 'll let the music speak for itself. Arguably one of the most important artists of our times -if not the most important still alive, a song dedicated to Bob Marley, a proof you can always make dance music with important messages, great writing, arrangement, musicianship, the whole fucking lot, good luck trying not to dance to this.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

2unlimited or captain hollywood

dont spell the names of the evil in pulplic pls...i had forgotten it and now....:crazy:they will come back in our dreams

10. E.T.F

E.T.F Producer

worth posting again, Bliss is an awesomely talented dj, producer,guitarist and performer. so inspiring.

ICWC, are you some kind of dance music hating troll? Do u hate dancing? What kind of f^^kwittery is this?
    The enemy of true music is the passionless commercial machine. what is true music anyway?
    You should draw a distinction between people that work really hard to be brilliant or original and arent just in it for the dough etc.
    Plus all producers of all genres use the same tools as electronic musicians for music making, y'know, computers?
    I dont really enjoy classical, jazz, rock, house or pop music...but i'm not going to whinge about hair metal for example or slag off the stuff i find lazy or boring.
    i will still give [almost] any genre a chance to please my ears. Not bro country tho, that stuff is an embarrassment to the human race.
    There is still an endless amount of electronic music to listen to. this "EDM" label is an american marketing thing...just for pop music.
    There are endless genres and sub genres of electronic music, soundcloud is packed with great original works, its free!
    The purpose of dance music is dancing, surprisingly. Psychedelic Trance as an example has many uninteresting tunes, but some are constructions of power and beauty, great technical skill and musicianship. and danceability.
    Right, back to my digital evangelism, this pile of mozart vinyls needs to be thrown onto the lovely fire i made out of david f^^king guetta compact discs and vhs tapes of phil collins and chris de burgh's 1983 joint tour of shame. I'm kidding. I will merely show the vinyl my indifference to it....

11. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Haha, no seriously. I don't know many, scratch that, any straight guys, within my circle of friends and family, that likes those musical films. Not that I know of. Just about every woman I know does though, and guy dancers, which tend to be gay. (in my case all of them are) On the other hand, my gay cousin Shawn (Queen Godiva, like the chocolate, not kidding, that's what he calls himself) doesn't like them, he would say, "that shit gay tho", in Go Go dancing gear.

Personally when I see average people dancing at the club, it kinda looks crazy to me. The animalistic nature of it. Our monkey selves come out, the woman (more often than men) even raise their arms like chimps showing you their armpit, as if to make sure you get a good whiff of those pheromones. In some clubs, depending on the music usually, it's straight up sexual, people hump the air and shit, if not each other with clothing on, in most places anyways. Laughter (which I'm engaging in right now) comes off like some kind of temporary insanity. We are some strange, sometimes wonderful, creatures, imo.

To each their own! :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I'm a 60 year old male trapped inside the body of a 16 year old girl. It has almost no drawbacks.

13. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Guest

People hate on dance music 'cause they can't dance.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Someone had left the cave today...
    So, if I dance to a Rock song, should I identify that song as "dance music"???

16. E.T.F

E.T.F Producer

"When do you want to convince yourself "not to produce any kind of dance music"?"??????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    when I am sent back in time to the 90's and have to use crap computers with unsatisfactory programs and hardware with a million cables.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  17. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Off topic comments cleared, again. :no:

18. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Still better than current top 100 "hits"...

19. G String

G String Rock Star

Remember the good old days before dance music.......872 AD What a time! And it only took another 700 years to get to this:

20. virusg

virusg Rock Star

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List