what's your opinion on patreon.com

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gyro Gearloose, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

whats youre opinion on patreon.com `?
    as benefitor ?
    as benefactor ?

can you pay per wire ?

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Don't know for the wire part.
    I'm glad a guy like Chris can make it, just for him and AirWindows, heck just for PocketVerb and Console, I dig. I give every month since he went there, didn't even know this existed before.

4. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Patreon is a fantastic platform in theory but it seems to suffer from a few problems.
    First, they have a history of banning people from the site for things that were done off site. So, post something nasty on Twitter or say something nasty in an interview on YouTube or something, and they can decide to ban you for it. That did not sit well with a lot of people so there have been quite a few creators leaving the place. Problem is, there's barely any viable competitors - and if there are, they're quickly swarmed by politically questionable content creators, which in turns makes big payment processors abandon those sites and then they can't reasonably compete with Patreon.

They raised their prices significantly a while back. There's been information that they apparently got a lot of venture capital investment (or however it's called) and now they are expected to rake in revenue. Quite a few people consider the site to be a sinking ship and would gladly leave if a viable competitor would arrive.

With that said, if you can look past these things, it's a blast to use. You can really connect to content creators and musicians on that place, and the atmosphere to be among other people who are all supporting the same creators as you do, is pretty nice. Definitely viable for a musician if you can get some audience first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mud Jones

Mud Jones Platinum Record

Just a note re: the thread title, it's "your" not "you're"

I used to give monthly support to "thesoundtestroom" through patreon, he seemed like a good guy,
    eventually I stopped because I am a broke guy.

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes, I corrected the title.

7. I'm an airwindows Patreon. Says it all really.

8. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

thx for mod..
    :wink::invision:
    yep