What's your real purpose of making and using variations in the music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Nov 29, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

there is truth to this, but also percussion is the oldest form of music dating back to African tribe religious drumming with complex polyrhtms and polymeters

black.afrika.zulu.x

{BRUH, in most cultures music has always been mostly percussive, with the harmonies serving as the background...}

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this is an interesting point .

to me, music always has that repetition of 1 2 3 4{ 2 2 3 4{ 3 2 3 4{ 4 2 3 4
    or whatever your time signature is.

variation to me makes music better in every case EXCEPT those times when it is random and not musical.
    you dont mind hearing the exact same 3mins thing with no variation?>
    to me even a song in one key just sounds like a single note ringing and is very repetitive ( if done right can still be decent though)
    even a song in 3 keys comes across very plain and repetitive to me sometimes.(just depends how it is made)
    here see if you love this as much as i do homey

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

That black Zulu prick doesn't know the meaning of respect. My private life is not for public humiliation.

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Thank you to the people with whom I have had genuine and informative interactions. Presenting details of my personal life to humiliate me is not what a community of musicians should be about. The information I listed in the about me section was to illustrate how hard this business can be and the toll it can take on you after forty years. Anybody who has read it will know it has caused me three nervous breakdowns and I am on a lot of medication for depression and anxiety. Your attacks on me are cowardly and you have no idea how much hurt they cause. But I'm sure you have no empathy and you have enjoyed making yourself feel important. You have triumphed. I cannot stay here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

i support you tooloud, thank you for sharing your hardships we are only human and to open up is to be real . i have had hardships too like all of us for me the death of both my parents and months later my home and studio building was burnd down ( few years agop now) my hardship[s effect my the rest of my life and we all have all kinds of them thanks for sharing i value you, please consider staying around friend.
    put your struggles into making the best music you can brother!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

take care @tooloud I too think it's a pretty cheap shot plastering your private story here just to denigrate you

you've had a good run here with many positive comments and contributions...
    sorry to see you go because n00bs show up and want to toss their balls around and use lowball
    tactics to get the effects

if someone didn't like the content of your pm's they certainly could have just
    hit the ignore button

and too bad it was actually effective.... happy trails

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
  7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I don't know why.. but I thought that's what you were aiming for , in large part

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Hello @Herr Durr
    Do you remember my below post?
    Buddy it was a joke. By "You don't need to make anything but just sneer at them and make them despair and like royalists find some partisans around you and cause any new artistic movement to disappear to continue your empire." I really didn't mean myself but members that don't make and share music and punish other members themselves and music severely and causes them to take umbrage at their remarks. I never put one's back up even with unrating them. All my concerns are making an assay of good music and exerting myself to make at least one. Making good music is our common and highest aspiration and we have to remove all the roadblocks on our ways for achieving it.:bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

@tooloud Please don't leave. Please! Be strong man. You're in a music community. We're here for each other. Don't let some unimportant things annoy you. Also I wish my life to be adventurous like yours (I swear to GOD). You're a great person and I always love you and pay immense homage to you no matter what you say or don't.:bow::hug::hug::hug:

10. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I'm hoping to ever see foster's Oratorium in B-moll performed live.
    Maybe you can do a tour...:winker:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

@black.afrika.zulu.x Think twice when writing something to the public. Insults are not allowed at any measure!
    Formal apology to @tooloud should be your next step.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Basing your arguments on personal attacks and critics, Now we 're having an idea of the kind of person YOU are ... :no:

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You are right, and as you know, Audiosex is primarily based on respect.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. saltwater

saltwater Guest

i respect you as a musician and member of this forum.

Do not let this uneducated rude person hurt you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. foster911

foster911 Guest

@SAiNT I think "Delete Your Account" is like encouraging people to commit suicide. Would you please disable that feature for all of us before getting a belated action? Even strong men like @tooloud are temped to use it. He's a historical moment to this community and his loss is irreparable.:sad::sad:

• List
  16. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

O pl0x. Accounts are deleted & created in minutes if not seconds. A new life, on the other hand, is a precious miracle -- involves rutting & a 9 month gestation period.
    And let us not forget the wise teachings of a great Oriental sage: "People who try to commit suicide — don't attempt to save them! . . . China is such a populous nation, it is not as if we cannot do without a few people." --Chairman Mao.

I don't understand the drama. Sure, what @black.afrika.zulu.x did was childish, but @tooloud is also not without sin; the reaction is a bit out of scale.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

i think every site must provide that option. there's been a topic here where many members requested it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

foster911 , i think you should experiment with C major key
    cmajor chord
    then V to I (gbd,ceg
    then V7 to I (gbdf to ceg
    then ii,V I (dfa,gbdf,ceg

then you can swap any those for the other chords

ii=IV (dfac,=face V=vii% (gbdf=bdfa and I=iii=vi (cegb=egbd=aceg

once you see all the harmony and melodies that can make extend outward to included some other keys

C major ii,V I
    D#major (backdoor progression of Cmajor
    F#major (tritone substitute of cmajor
    Amajor ii,V I
    (these other keys V resolve to I of cmajor)

(once you are able travel these other keys you can connect to ALL 12 majors keys at any time by connecting to the keys right next to yours say in C major ii V I
    dmin7, gddom7, cmaj7 ( to connect to keys right next door swap these chords ut for dom EX>
    d7,g7,c7
    next add in the I for each
    d7(gmajkey)-g7(cmajKEY-c7(fmajkey( the keys right next door

this gives you the ability to see and use many harmonies and melodies plus most important for you
    HAVE GOOD INTROS and ENDIINGS lol
    serious though try it out even if you dont show anyone what you make with it let it help you with ideas
    it is just a way to see options brother

20. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

When you play or compose, you usually don`t think about those things... you just feel the need to do it.
    Even when You are practicing, after a while of repeating the same exercise, You start to try to play it differently `cause it becomes boring and uninteresting.

IMO it is a natural thing that just happens... sometimes it sounds good, and sometimes it sounds bad... who really cares?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List