What's your philosophy regarding " Music theory?"

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Is Music theory ( how music works) worth learning in your opinion?

1. Yes

81.1%
  2. No

5.7%
  3. Possibly

9.8%
  4. Whatchoo mean? ( No such thing as how music works ) Foo.

3.3%
  1. Do you feel it is ok to say something like this?
    upload_2020-1-13_5-31-46.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Lager

Lager Guest

You say sth, I say sth, AD says sth, again I say sth, you say sth, MMJ says sth,..............

Nothing happens and MMJ does the same thing and others get their deserved warnings. Then the thread continues for a while.

After the thread expires, MMJ goes on vacation for about 1 week or 2 for invigoration, returns with the same ideas apparently reformatted differently. You and me and others participate and so on until all of us are banned.:rofl:

The only pattern I discovered in these threads.:dunno:

PS:
    This was my last comment in this thread. Sorry I'm leaving you alone. God is your protector and refuge.:shalom:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2020
  3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

So first off , why are you cherry picking?
    That's a fallacy
    Why would you select some tiny portion out of context , which eliminates variables of the situation?
    Once we get the answer to this we can continue .

Whether it's okay to say something " like that"
    We have to know what " like that " means.
    What was the situation as a whole.
    In the situation as it occurred in real life the whole context the answer is yes , of course it's okay it is the correct thing to say in that very specific context.
    Why you believe it was not the right thing to say in the context it was said in?
    If you are not capable of reconizing what that type fallacy is then the person would be using broken logic . Using a fallacy is demonstrably " not okay "
    Do you believe it is okay to use that fallacy?
    If so , ( I'd be surprised if it turns out that it makes sense to you to use such fallacy I thought higher from you (. However if it did turn out that was your lens a fallacy, then that explain why we arrived at 2 different conclusions in the situations )
    It's telling you did not show that exact comment I was responding to .
    If you did there be nothing to talk about.
    You have to take it out of context manipulate the situation make it look different to have any talking point.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

@Lager, that's a wise move.
    There is definitely a limit on how much time any sane person can spend in MMJ's padded cell.
    So as you head for the asylum exit, please leave the door open behind you so that I can follow you out.

My parting comments...

Ages ago, there was a post that I wrote in reply to one of your (@Lager) posts. When your post got chopped by the moderator, my reply got chopped with it. I only just noticed that. It's a pity because my post was entirely non-controversial, definitely contained some useful comments, and the last bit of it was one of the best things I've posted here.
    That chopped stuff had already partly answered your question about what's the difference between belief and philosophy.
    So, given that it was, and still is, an entirely non-controversial philosophy comment, I'll repeat it here on my way out.

I will also say that, as I exit the asylum, if there was only bit of advice I could take with me and had to forget everything else, then the bit of philosophy advice below would be it.... (everything that we think or do is affected by this observation, whether we like it or not)

What's the point of philosophical/rational thinking?

Our day-to-day situation...
    - We humans do like to believe stuff!
    - We also desperately like to believe that our beliefs are accurate.
    - Our beliefs are accurate only occasionally!, and that's the only time we can call our beliefs knowledge.
    - Our beliefs are actually 'vague', 'self-contradicting', and very often just plain wrong.
    - We are stupidly confident about our alleged knowledge; far more confident than we have any right to be.

The role of philosophical/rational thinking is to do this...

- Unpack the vagueness of our beliefs; really 'dismantle ideas' instead of just 'saying stuff'!
    - Expose the contradictions in our beliefs, especially our cherished beliefs, and especially our beliefs about ourselves.
    - Deliberately upset and hopefully remove, the prior cock-sure confidence that we have in our vague contradictory beliefs
    - Leave us feeling a lot less sure about everything, and more appreciative of how ignorant we all are.

That is called progress! and it is definitely worth putting in the effort to pursue it.

----

Having rescued the above comment from the previous chop, I claim that the major unwavering flaw in this thread is some people's total inability to recognise the validity and value of the above comments and to act on them in a sane manner - one that would actually serve their own interests well.

I could have summarised this in a more 'deepity style' be referencing another comment I left lying around somewhere...
    "A wise person" - thrives on questions that they don't know how to answer.
    "A moron" - thrives on answers that they don't know how to question.

====

And now @Lager, I will race you to the asylum exit.....

On your marks... ready..... steady..... gone!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Yes trolls and posers and phony leave .
    (I'm not speaking to innocent people right now.)
    The trolls and posers know who they are I have gathered up the evidence and if you come back
    Guess what I will directly contact.
    SAiNT
    And then link up the i.p addresses of the fake accounts combined with beligerent behavior
    Since this amounts to violations it's not going be pretty for you .
    ( It's a pity that you life come to that creating several fake accounts and playing all kinds games with your comments )
    It's violation severe to have removed permanently from the community .
    I'm going focus on demonstrate information to share help people which I show to be true .
    ( As opposed to running mouth saying things acting beligerent and being phony poser trolling )
    There are consequences for behavior.
    This your chance to leave me alone before it catches up to you.
    Do you think SAiNT is going to want real content creators on the forum or trolls and beligerent behavior creating fake accounts harassing people that actually make content ?
    What do you think the outcome going to be?
    Leave and stay gone.

A little reminder

[​IMG]
    facebook ok facebook

Time to get back on track .

6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

To the real people that value sharing cooperation communication if info sharing ideas helping people and being a part of positive community.
    I am switching over now to focus on posting music and eventually video educational material.
    The text format medium which I have shared information so far has gone as far as it really can unless individual p. M.
    For clarification I'm happy to help .
    But now it's time shift focus to what the knowledge of music theory can be done with the music show music examples to be heard .
    I will demonstrate things .
    Going into phase 2.
    See you soon thank you for your positive support .
    It's been overwhelming support ( only a few trolls out hundreds thousands of views and positive feedback )
    Thank you for your time.

MMJ

7. Not at all.
    Anyone that says something like this really needs to take a good long hard look at themselves.
    You have answered the question.
    Best of luck. I thought higher of you, great musicians do NOT say shit like this and it is egomaniacal shit and has nothing to do with making music theory or anything related to anything that is great about music. Great musicians do not say they are better than everyone else. They are the real people.

You are in NYC??? - try saying that to great jazz musicians in NYC.
    Nobody is above the music. Do not make threats to anyone is a good start, just take action. Threats are what lesser people do. There are people in this world who can do more benefit to your career or damage than you can know than one forum that is a tiny drop in the ocean. That's why I asked. Put your brain into gear before your mouth. Thinking it is one thing, saying it is something completely different. These days the way media works, nobody knows who is looking.
    You won't have to worry about hearing from me again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2020
  8. the real Pict

the real Pict Kapellmeister

From a poem of Robert Burns

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us!
    It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
    An' foolish notion:
    What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
    An' ev'n devotion!

translation
    "O would some power the gift to give us

To see ourselves as others see us.

It would save us from many mistakes and foolish thoughts

we would change the way we look and gesture

and to how and what we apply our time and attention."

I'm gone too enjoy your captive audience MMJ the exit door is getting busy

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Your comment is riddled with fallices and broken logic do I need point it out .
    You a troll and poser fake phony.
    Watch I'll demonstrate.

" Anyone says blah blah take look at themselves "
    Yes I do take look myself.
    I'm taking a look at yourself right now also

I responded to a specific comment .
    1 person said something nasty to me I responded to that context that situation.

Great musicians say what is applicable in that specific context .

" You in NYC try saying that that to a musician "

This is me taking a look at you since you want to lecture me about me looking at me .
    Nows it's time for you to look at you
    I said a comment 1 one particular nasty commenter in the context of the consequences of their behavior to me in that situation
    Now, right after you just get done telling me take a hard look myself .
    You say this about " try saying this to a musician in NY City "
    Look at yourself now what you are doing is taking what I said to 1 person in response to them
    You are manipulating the situation
    Pretending if I was talking to a musician in NYC.
    Take a cold hard look at yourself in terms of this fallacy you are performing this is wrong thinking you talking what I said in one context and right before all our eyes changing the context and the person of what I said .
    You want lecture me about taking a cold hard look myself , then 3 seconds later doing this?
    You are not taking cold hard look at you I'm order use fallacies cherry picking fallacy .
    And list of broken logic you what's called a intellectual poser. A fake cannot make it 3 seconds without " taking look at yourself"
    Right in same moment as you focused on lecturing me about looking myself .
    I am not exhibiting this behavior which you are .
    I'm also not lecturing you up until you turn beligerent hypocritical and pretend fake .
    Let's continue with your comment .

You say " put your brain into gear instead of your mouth "
    Well let's see I'm generating these threads of information for hundreds thousands people viewing it. Now what are you doing?
    1.not creating information like I am sharing like I am .
    2.lecturing me as in same moment your exact comments are applicable to yourself not me
    Google " projecting "
    I have demonstrably spent 3 years here doing nothing but sharing information teaching helping .
    So " put your brain into gear instead my mouth "
    Check I demonstrably have check that off.
    Now since your the one saying this let's look at your actual behavior
    Using fallicies and broken logic and lecturing in the same moment .
    Does this qualify with
    " Put your brain into gear before running your mouth "? Oh no it fails in all levels .
    You run your mouth lecturing while you do the opposite right in same moment
    Fallicies are opposite of putting brain before mouth.
    So see when we compare the facts reality .
    I demonstrably share information demonstrably.
    You rub mouth hypocritically demonstrably.
    Next up.
    " Thinking it is one thing saying it is another "
    Applied to yourself your failings of using cherry picking and several other fallacies right in same moment as you lecture me about what you are doing incorrectly while I not only do not do what you are I am accomplishing something you never have and you have not attempted to accomplish creating a thread and sharing valble information .
    So in conclusion yes we should look very hard a what you are saying .
    Then look at your behavior and see your projecting.
    You are being hypocritical.
    You are using broken logic through the use of fallacies even after several times being shown it is fallacies .
    You act beligerent in comments .
    You have not created threads with content or information yet want to tell me ( the person that does all the things you have not )
    About your projections.
    Yes leave .
    Yes do not come around me.
    Actually do something follow your own words
    You the one not following your accusations.
    I demonstrate things using my brain to share things in service to others .
    I think before I behave using these principles .
    Integrity
    Dignity
    Honor
    Respect.
    Critical thinking
    Reasoning.
    Demonstrable information.
    And finally
    Get used to it with me.
    You might have animinity.
    But guess what when you talk to MMJ
    You have consequences for your actions if you turn beligerent.
    You don't like it go create your own thread .
    Like you said use your brain not run your mouth.
    Look my whole entire history here.
    Did I run my mouth randomly ?
    Nope.
    MMJ in 3 years shared information .
    So just remember ,
    If you get a urge to lecture me with beligerence and accusations .
    Take account all details in the situation .
    Next make sure that you yourself are behaving the way you about to scream at someone?
    It's just halarious that you lecture me about how I respond to a beligerent troll.
    As if I should have no spine in responds to a specific individual trolling me .yet we look at your behavior you are coming after me for something never even said to you ( unless you are a fake account offended by what I said to you in your other account )
    So here another hypocrisy.
    I'm not allowed to stand up spine straight when another directly trolls me and attacks beligerent.
    I'm supposed to be spineless thanking them for abuse.
    Now we turn look at your behavior .
    You look at me not even talking to you no .
    A troll ignorant statement responding to their specific attack against me I respond to .
    Next here you come show up spine straight and ridicule me defending myself from trolls
    The very lecturing and beligernrce you give me when it was not spoken to you at all .you were not part any convo you show up out of the blue and say I should roll over in response thanking their trolling .
    Yet it's okay for you stand sound straight .
    Put your nose in situation your not part of
    Another hypocrisy another list of fallacies.
    This
    Clownware
    Which you exhibit .the games it's beneath anyone .
    There no human being which there is an excuse for all these broken logic
    It's time you figured out normal adult conversation in which you use reason and logic.
    You need play by the same rules as you hold others .
    Read a philosophy book

All rules you apply to others applies to you also
    ( Not being a sociopath 101...)
    Game time is over .

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I did not know this would need to be explained.
    However due to certain behavior of users , this does need to be explained to them for some reason .

Human being interaction with others .

If you approach a human being and communicate with respect you will get respect in return .
    However if you come into Another's space ( let's say my thread for example ) then you for no reason begin to act beligerent. ( Combative attacking no reason ) this behavior has consequences in terms of impact on the person your doing this to .
    ( Like coming here and behaving that way with the o.p.) you see because of " Dignity "
    The consequences of such behavior is going to change the demeanor of the person you are treating that way for no reason . This is the consequences of human behavior in terms of integrity , dignity, honor, respect .
    It is applicable to any human interaction of any 2 individuals .
    This is a fact of reality .
    Only the spineless is going to happily thank a abusive person coming in their space for no reason and attacking them with beligerence.
    You yourself have never put up with it .
    Nobody you know puts up with this .
    In the USA for example ( I think most places (
    If an intruder comes into your home to attack you you can shoot them by law .
    So this attribute is not a new idea or invention.
    It's basic human interaction there will always be consequences for attacking someone .
    You will always illicit different demeanour in a human being if you confront them with respect or if you confront them attacking.
    This is the way human beings actually work.
    ( Wow I didn't realize this type of lesson was required but after recent events it's clear many didn't know or fathom this information regarding the category * human beings { human interactions}
    Subcategory
    Now that we finally got this put of the way

It's going to be focusing strictly on the music topic .
    Thank you for your time .

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. tun

tun Rock Star

i thought i would participate in this conversation but then i realised it was 46 pages out of context already :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Lager

Lager Guest

These discussions are necessary to finally find out what's actually happening inside the self-styled masters' philosophized brains.:invision:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Everything depends on the individual.
    What they want to accomplish musically.
    There is a wide gamut of possibilities for a music journey all vastly different from each other .
    Because of this the path of one direction to travel with a set of goals is not always going to make sense to another music creator with a entirely different set of goals .
    My advice , don't spend a lot of time hanging out in a place where you are not interested in that musical directions goals .
    ( Because you really want to spend your time on the material useful to your particular path if goals )

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Everything depends on the individual.
    What they want to accomplish musically.
    There is a wide gamut of possibilities for a music journey all vastly different from each other .
    Because of this the path of one direction to travel with a set of goals is not always going to make sense to another music creator with a entirely different set of goals .
    My advice , don't spend a lot of time hanging out in a place where you are not interested in that musical directions goals .
    ( Because you really want to spend your time on the material useful to your particular path if goals )

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

20. Lager

Lager Guest

Who has told everything must be real? Why don't you read some fictions? I can name a few:

To Love a Bear
    To Love a Man
    A-List F ck Club
    A Raspberry in the Dark

:chilling: