What's your favorite Hardware/Software/Controller/DAW combo?

Discussion in 'Software' started by thethirdperson, Feb 26, 2016.

1. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

With all the various old and new control surfaces of DAW's with various types of hardware integration (i.e. Maschine(VST or DAW)IL Remote/Ableton Push/Studio One Remote/MPC Studio/KORE . . . on and on forever) whether it be through "actual hardware", touchscreen, rewiring of multiple DAWs, controllers, templates that modify the intended usage of a controller (i.e. Push4Bitwig) what is your favorite combination of WHATEVER?

Most importantly though WHY DO YOU LIKE IT? What do you wish you could change?

I ask this because over the last 5 years or so as more and more DAWs have become interactive and integrated. I thought the future of computer musicianship would leave me feeling way more inspired =/

Instead, more times than not, it leaves me feeling way too overwhelmed about what integration techniques work best.

. . . I’m really not asking for the sake of turning this into a flame war of the superior DAW, hardware, and/or integration techniques. Yes we all know “Software Product A” integrates way better with “Hardware Product 1” than “Software Product B” and also DAW C sounds warmer because the devs of said DAW emulated the true feeling of real magnetic tape by transferring the DAWs code onto an old tape hard drive, converting it to vinyl and playing it back through a Neve console at the Sydney Opera House only to have it recorded back into tape and then transferred digitally to FLAC.

I have learned over the years that different things work for different people and that’s perfectly okay! Not everyone’s out to do the same stuff sonically or musically. If you use your mouse to program beats, your laptops keyboard to play melodies on, never heard of something called midi or still use your multi-track tape record that you got as a high school graduation gift in 1985 . . . that’s what’s up! As long as it works for you, that's what matters!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016