What's your caffeine addiction look like?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tele_Vision, Dec 10, 2021.

1. aghori

aghori Ultrasonic

I think a lot of people seriously underestimate the power of caffeine. In my case, because it seems I'm very sensitive to it, it's a drug almost as potent as alcohol. The main issues I have with it is the anxiety it produces and the mental fatigue that accumulates over time (which can be very bad for creativity and motivation), and sometimes when I abuse it (3+ cups a day for a few days), it can lead to tweaking, compulsive behavior, depression and even very unpleasant anxiety episodes.

It actually took me a long time to even be aware of it because this beverage is widely seen as harmless and trivial in this stupid society. I'm still trying to find a way to manage this, because ditching coffee altogether doesn't work too well for me either. Right now, I try to limit myself to one small cup a day, struggling with the craving for more. This is just me, you know, living on the edge.

I'd strongly recommend you to look into it because it could be ruining your life without you realizing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Buy yourself a packet of decaffeinated coffee - that's how you satisfy the craving.

3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Maybe it's me, but I had my first cup of coffee when I was about 5 or 6 and hated it. Now I cant even bear the taste of coffee flavoured chocolate. I guess I'll stick to Cola drinks.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Oh, that's a shame. You can give a shot of coffee to almost every drink. Coffee and whisky, ofc. :cheers:

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

:woot: I prefer alcoholated coffee (with caffeine). [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Like any addictive drug that one becomes emotionally and physically bound with, it takes both will and time to overcome unless you wish to brute force cold turkey, and in the case of caffeine, although the symptoms of immediate withdrawal are virtually non life threatening (although might seem so as you are living through it), it might be beneficial to reach out for emotional support to help get through the ordeal. Tapering off takes time and will but is easier on the body and mind.

I've quit a 45 year nicotine habit, five years of prescribed opiates and know how hard these things can be. Caffeine is no different.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Thankfully though, there are still plenty of vices left to choose from without the need for coffee :D

8. Academia

Academia Producer

You guys are real baristas.
    But bad coffee doesn´t exist. What is is REALLY bad is not having coffee.
    All coffee is good.
    I just love the smell in my flat when I make my coffee using my trusty Bialetti. It doesn´t matter what kind of exotic mix or just plain coffee I put in it: the black gold coming out of my Bialetti makes my happy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. fleschdnb

fleschdnb Kapellmeister

I stopped drinking coffee a year ago. Now I drink only espresso, like it was coffee.. I have a hand grinder, and each morning I grind beans and make 5 shots of espresso into 1 coffee mug. I make my own topping by whipping sugar and heavy cream Together in a small glass until it's the most delicious runny whipped cream...

I think there is around 400mg in that cup... But it has no effect on me really other than just lifting the morning fog from my brain.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Weird that tigers can drink coffee and negate it w/ booze? >____> Especially without opposable thumbs! Anyway, I'm a caffeine addict. I have one or two espresso shots in the morning before I'm fully awake. And about five (ten) capuccinos until ~afternoon when I sometimes am awake. And then dainty herb fruit tea until bedtime. The jitters have prolly subsided by 2am.
    Nobody mentioning a worse drug? Sugar?

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Not negate, enhance, so I become augmented. :yes:

Annoying AF, I tell ya. [​IMG] That's why I prefer bowl-like cups so I can use my tongue only. Like this, you see?

[​IMG]

For drinks in cans I use my fangs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Ever had coffee from a percolator?:bleh:

13. adrianajohnson682

adrianajohnson682 Newbie

Hey! I understand what you are talking about. When I was at university, I could drink four cups of coffee a day. When I finished my studies, I realized that I needed to reduce my use. At first I switched to black kai, but it did not replace the smell of coffee for me. Later, I was advised to cleanse the body with a detox. More about capsules https://wayofleaf.com/. There is a lot of information on the site and it will be clear to you.