What's your caffeine addiction look like?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tele_Vision, Dec 10, 2021.

1. tr3v0r94

tr3v0r94 Kapellmeister

that's Kratom hahaha. Used in parts of ancient asia for centuries, almost made illegal in USA because it's a mild opiate. Interestingly enough, certain strains are like opiates, but others offer a kick of energy. Dope heads around me use it to pass a drug test. If used sparingly, it's awesome. Even works for extreme stomache pains, thought it can cause issues of it's own.

2. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I drink coffee practically all the time, at work they laughed at me that I had coffee in oxygen cylinders instead of oxygen :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

Hawaii Kona (extra fancy)
    or an Authentic Arabica Kopi Luwak.

Everything else taste like garbage compared to those 2.

4. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Espresso lungo for me. 3 cups in the morning. maybe more in the afternoon...

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i have an Dihydrogen monoxide addiction, i drink everyday 2 liters of this.Sometimes it doesnt even taste that good.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

I had the best Turkish coffee of my life in a Middle Eastern Fast food restaurant in Santa Cruz. Halfway through I thought I was going to need an ambulance, my heart was going so fast.

I went back for seconds :)

7. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

You just described my last relationship. I quit dating and now just drink coffee. My health is a lot better.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Yeah the wrong woman can kill your spirit in 1001 way.

9. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

thats some dangerous shit bro take care :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Especially if your source is the toilet. :hahaha:

11. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

I'm not sure, I just kinda bandwagoned the aeropress since it didn't require any electronics & was known for its low acidity.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

this, applied also to caffeine and everything alike

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I am a fan of decaf coffee.

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Just a coupla cups a day French pressed of medium dark roast organic Arabica. I've an addictive personality so I always mind things lest they get outta control like the cigarettes that I foolishly started smoking at 13 and finished with 50 years later (funny thing is, I'm only 40 years old although born in 1959...I skipped a few years of growing older so look much younger).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

I had a heart attack after busting my gut our at work and thinking that the hot lava java made me more efficient, it don't. I still love my coffee and now take a press of freshly ground beans. Quality not quantity, coffee can be dangerous don't over do it...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Thats it! and thats why it is a good thing to stay away from coffein at least on day.
    One will be surprised how much better it kicks after withdraw.

Did you know that when one over do coffein, it won't make you more awake but sleepy.
    It is because the body can't release the awakening chemicals anymore. Same as with MDMA etc...
    Interesting topic!

here some interesting passages
    Coffee forces your adrenal glands to secrete the substance even when they can hardly secrete anything. Therefore, they have to "dig" deeper and deeper, which increasingly exhausts you.
    Caffeine works by mimicking a hormone that signals the adrenal glands to release more adrenaline. The adrenal glands then think that there is a stressful situation and are expected to produce additional adrenal hormones.
    Caffeine increases levels of norepinephrine - a hormone that stimulates the nervous system - and reduces serotonin, a neurotransmitter that has a calming effect.

Those who keep their bodies constantly at a high level of caffeine are therefore permanently lingering in a situation of physical stress, explains Stephen Cherniske (author of the book "Caffeine Blues"). Stephen Cherniske calls this permanent state of alarm in the body "caffeinism," which is characterized by exhaustion, anxiety, mood swings, insomnia, irritability
    source, translated from German : https://www.zentrum-der-gesundheit.de/ernaehrung/lebensmittel/kaffee-uebersicht/kaffee-ungesund

___

If you haven't tried, check out Guayusa

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Coffee is the foundation of maximizing and exploiting your labor. If you are tired and do not perform well at work,
    you will drink cola or coffee. There is caffeine and sugar in cola. Or you will be fired.

Caffeine and sugar = burn out, Sugar consumption leads to many diseases. Overacidification of the body.

18. droplet

droplet Rock Star

You are aware that this does not mean the pressing was done in France?

19. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

What caffeine basically does is borrowing energy from your future self.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskScience...drinking_coffee_really_borrowing_energy_from/

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  20. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Fun fact: the French Press didn't even originate in France. It was first patented by some Italian folk (Giulio and Attilio) in the late 1920s. There was this Swiss brewer in France, however, who patented another design for the French Press in the late 1950s, which became the most popular. So that story about the French guy who forgot to put his coffee in the boiling water and so on and so forth, is likely just made up.

People just went along with calling it a French Press... who cares whether the pressing was done in France or not haha. It's like eating Mexican tacos in Honduras. That they're delicious and prepared properly is the only thing that matters. But I digress...