What's wrong with my loops??? [solved]

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by RARECLAMBL, Mar 16, 2024.

1. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Hi all,

So I updated my laptop recently (just the regular update) and when I log back in? ALL my Steinberg stuff was licenseless.

I've fixed Cubase itself but nothing else works. One thing I REALLY want back are my loops. They have this red symbol near em, and don't play when you tap them.

HALion 7 also doesn't work, which sucks because of how much I use that. It says 'No License'. Same with Retrologue, Padshop n Groove Agent. Pretty sucky :(

Hoping for response soon! Making music is literally the only thing I do all day lol

3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

What kind of a "regular update" did you have? You'll need to re-license your loops to a new PC if you changed hardware, like storage devices. Contact Steinberg's support for that, I guess? Also good luck.

4. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Just updated my laptop.

5. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

was it an operating system update? a driver update? a software program update??
    help us ... help you...

6. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Yeah no, you're right. Should've been more specific lol. Just checked, and it says the update was either a 'cumulative update for Windows 11' or a 'Malicious Software Removal' update. Have a feeling that maybe the malicious software one fucked up my licenses. Some stuff on this laptop *may or may not* be the most legal.

Attached Files:

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Highly probable.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think something about that update you did has changed File Permissions on lots of stuff.

Security related updates can definitely do that, with any system update. All your stuff is probably fine, if that is the case.

Instead of the update information, screenshot some of the actual errors you are getting.

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

"Those who would give up essential ability to make music, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither the ability to make music nor safety." :rofl:

Always take in account that companies which make the OS you make music with, don't care one iota about it. They have their own agendas, like making everybody their slave, making you click ads and answer stupid questions whole day. :sad:

To rectify the situation, you will have to reinstall the Steinberg Licenser. :wink: Completely! Get the latest version from Steinberg if you haven't done it already. If you're using the crack, it will be a little more complicated. "Safety" gets everything more complicated than it should be.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

If by "loops" he means content also from Steinberg, then this makes perfect sense. I was thinking "loops" might mean external drive.

11. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

So what do I do if i'm using the crack then? Guessing you mean the elicenser, but to my understanding that's the old way of licensing. Don't they use the license manager nowadays? Will try nonetheless...

PS: I like your funny words, magic man. Unrelated but who's that quote from?

12. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

In the Steinberg stuff or just on my laptop?

13. statik

statik Audiosexual

just reinstall your steinberg stuff with the same installers you used when you installed it first

14. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Alr, tried this on HALion and it didn't work. And Cubase is stuck on vstconnect.dll but presumably works. Did have to run the b6 activation manager to boot it up though.

15. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Also wait, libraries included right?

16. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

OK so i did indeed do these things and guess what? EVERYTHING is back. :wink: Very awesome! Thanks to everyone who assisted! Will probably have the same issue at some other point lol. Hoping the license maintenance tomorrow doesn't go and fuck it all up for me though...

17. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

So, did you check it again? Problem solved? Any post qualified for Best Answer?