What's With All The Popups?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NYCGRIFF, Aug 24, 2016.

1. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I usually NEVER complain about stuff. But lately, every time I click from AudioZ to get to a topic being featured on AudioSEX. I'm getting these crazy popups. And yes, I'm "logged on" to AudioZ. (But, even when I click to logon at AudioZ, these dang popups keep happening). So, if it's just me, I'll try and straighten it out from my browser end; but if this is due to something the folks here have cooked up, in the future I'll keep my mouth shut. Just askin'.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. guitarie

guitarie Kapellmeister

yeah man, i have the same thing here. I am logged in too and i have it only on Audioz.

4. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Yep me also. And constant pop ups on Peeplink

5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Shit. I'm glad I'm not alone on this. Someone mentioned this very same topic a few days ago. Then, someone else said that the solution was to "logon" to AudioZ first, and these freakin' popups would NOT happen. Guess what? It ain't stopping them. WTF???

6. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

By the way, I'm using the latest version of Firefox (with a good supply of so-called "Ad Blocking" crap). 'Still' getting more "eye-candy" crapola after merely clicking on the advertised graphics software links. Not cool at all, boys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Wando Waiato

Wando Waiato Member

I had the same a few weeks ago. Came out of nothing, stayed for 2 weeks and after that vanished into nothingness. Now no popups at all. Even when I'm not logged in. And I changed NOTHING. I call it Ghost In The Machine or Electro Voodoo, cause it didn't make any sense at all and doesn't follow any kind of logic. Robert Anton Wilson would have said it's Maybe Logic or the work of the FNORDs. Hail Eris...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Maybe one of the "Administrators" could shed some official light on this?

9. Gnib

Gnib Producer

You are supposed to be logged in to our sistersite. You get one popup if you hit the login button and then it disappears. Look at the top of the page where it says `registered members don't get popups... just sayin'.............

The popup here is http://kgkjlivo.com/favicon.ico which is classified as dangerous by my Kasperski so it is blocked on my system.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Okay. So, why the 'popup' in the first place? Never happened in all of the almost three years I've been registered on/at both sites. Listen. Just trying to get a handle on this, man. If it's something that is new, someone (preferably an administrator) needs to post this information in a general thread. I hate popups. But, if this has become part of the fabric of BOTH websites, please let us know. That's a real simple request, eh?

11. elixter

elixter Kapellmeister

Just a PopUp would be cool, but its agressive, wants to download files to my machine and tells me per voice i have to install that shit to stop getting popups. pooplink really sucks atm :guru:

12. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Same issiue here :dunno::dunno:

13. usernone

usernone Producer

I'm logged in, and I have the same aggressive pop-up issues as well, despite all the popular adblockers installed in Firefox... same issues with Opera on my phone as well :(

14. floond

floond Platinum Record

A cpl of days ago I suddenly had issues with annoying popups whenever I tried to copy urls from peeplink, but realized u have to both login to audioz AND peeplink to avoid them. µBlock takes care of the rest, and it's been smooth sailing since then.

15. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

If you use Firefox, just take a look at the little addon Popup Blocker Ultimate 4.8 !

After installation, you'll never have any pop up windows on az or where ever again.
    It also has a white list for trusted sites but it doesn't show how many popups were blocked.
    But since I use it together with NoScript, I never had any pop ups on any website.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. elixter

elixter Kapellmeister

In Chrome i Installed "JavaScript Popup Blocker", that works :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I dont get any popups when using Safari, AddBlockPlus and Ghostry

18. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

i get a lot of popups on uploadrocket. :)

19. Config

Config Kapellmeister

Audioz and download sites (such as uploadrocket) are using PopAds encrypted scripts (with total bogus domain names such as xbynkkqi dot com to inject JS scripts from).

Here an actual image from the source code from Audioz:

[​IMG]

PopAds dot net is a malicious advertising network, proper website owners should avoid such shady networks that try to infect their users with malware.

Have a Raspberry Pi laying around? Install pi-hole

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

I use the Adblock Plus Pop-Up addon. Right click on any page, choose "pop-up options for this site," check the boxes to block new windows and new tabs. Done.

21. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Anyone managed to block the adware ion uploaded.to they are really annoying and popup blockers fail