What's the most complicated music you've ever heard?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Jun 11, 2018.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Music ≠ Instruments.
    Music = Notes + Sounds. Learning the instruments to play the notes is a waste of time and basically brings nothing noticeable to the complication table but some players have different opinions and are eminently respectable.:bleh:

2. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Yes that's pretty close to one of the pieces I think most string players would wish to go into a cave upon seeing.

Anything by Shostakovitch at high speeds, anyone that tries to play what some Indian musicians can sing at ridiculous speeds... anything that involves months of practice to get it sounding right would have to fall in the difficult and complicated boxes.
    Some of the older Return to Forever and Chick Corea pieces are complicated. Some of the older contemporary rock YES anthemic tunes are complicated... there are many out there... The Mahavishnu Orchestra - "One Word" with its 13/8 outro is pretty tough...plenty to choose from.

3. In addition to the other quick reply buttons at the bottom of each post such as like and dislike, creative and winner, I would enjoy the addition of a ? for those times like this when an answer is indecipherable to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Now I gotta say it...you are a member of a music forum but honestly believe that learning to play an instrument is a waste of time! The fact that so much if the content of this forum is generated by you opens makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing here. I am putting you on my ignore list. Enough said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

I just told what I do and said players are utterly against it. Thinking about the instruments doesn't allow me to focus on the notes.:bleh:

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

It was so clear. Robots don't play instruments and find the complication in the instrument side by the humans' players hard to their stomachs.:bleh:

Notes are so simple to digest and utilize but the players use them in unnecessary complicated manners and make their species scared witless.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  7. farao

farao Rock Star

So. do you think everyone can play the guitar, clarinett, harp, piano, and violin?

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

No!

Playing with the notes VS. Playing the notes with the instruments
    2 different things and I prefer the first one.:bleh:

9. farao

farao Rock Star

So, anyone can play with the notes on the guitar, clarinett, harp, piano, and violin, no need for anyone to learn to play the notes with these instruments?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. foster911

foster911 Guest

Not necessarily!

Music can be produced by anything. Playing the notes by the instruments is one way of doing that and the most tricky one. By tricky I mean, for the players, the playing is more fun than the stuff they play. They're looking for pretext to put them up to play anything without deeply thinking about the combination of notes.:excl:

Composers compose and the players play it. Being good at playing doesn't necessarily mean being good at composition and vice versa.

11. farao

farao Rock Star

What the hell does that even mean? You seldom make sense to me, and I am quite sure the problem is on your side. When you are not following basic rules of languages, your thoughts, feelings and intent is impossible for others to comprehend. It is like solving time consuming riddles you did not ask for, and once solved... it is not anything there. I am sorry to say, I think you might be impossible to reach for most people, you are to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. foster911

foster911 Guest

So don't bother to read them.:rofl:

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

If you want sth like this, listen to master Rick and go for it and WYWL: :cool:

But no guarantee to make complicated music.:chilling:

14. farao

farao Rock Star

Yeah, well, I tend to give people a benefit of a doubt, and try to reach them in different ways before i dismiss them... But you are right, I probably won't.

Furthermore, though, I think you are polluting this whole place with 100's of topics just to say the same things over and and over again. So it is not so easy to simply look away. It is like witnessing a train crash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

complicated - difficult to deal with or to understand

So for moi thats most current popular music and of course your own musics @foster911

Also the sound of the sea....when you're drowning

and the sound a Scotsman makes when he realises his wallet has been nicked

tbh Foster my sweet, I don't find music complicated at all

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

LOL !:rofl:

17. foster911

foster911 Guest

That was so simple:
    Playing music ≠ Making music.
    What I've always said is music theory and virtuosity don't fix you up with the beatitude if your intention is making music. You have to make lots of music and find your way by just yourself. Music theory just shows you the limited possibilities.:wink:

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

At the same level. Emotionally complicated::bleh:

Complicated music makers usually don't consider the emotional part of music. The more complicated, the less emotional.:dunno:

19. farao

farao Rock Star

See, that is what you are saying in all your threads, you just come up with a new subject to tell everyone how stupid and limiting music theory is. THAT is stupid. And limiting.

Noone is arguing music theory is all you need to play music or makes you a good player. But noone ever regrets learning it, You can then build upon it or disregard it as you please. You telling people it is not worth learning is like an analphabet telling people they should not learn to read because it will limit them in their abilities to speak freely. You are either ignorant or a troll. Or both.

And now you think some music is overly complicated because you do not understand it. Come on!

Is not 10 topics on your hate towards music theory enough. Yes it is, but as soon people loose interest in your threads because they find out that all you want is something as redicoulus as combat music theory you start another one.

You are not out to discuss, educate or learn anything. So... have you come up with your next quasi subject for your next anti music theory thread yet?

20. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I give up - period!

That´s all

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List