Whats the correct way to install both Omnisphere & Keyscape?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by dl65875, Mar 15, 2023.

1. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Windows 10

I have had Omnisphere installed for a number of years and I have bitten the bullet and grabbed the new STEAM library + latest version and the latest Keyscape from the Sister site.

I intend to clean install both including the steam library's.
    On that subject I know how to give permissions to the folders and so on.

My question is this - is it better to have one steam folder and install Omni and keyscapes steam into that one folder, or is it better to have separate steam folders for each?

If I do not ask then I will not know :wink:

3. Rain Drum

Rain Drum Noisemaker

I think, the steam folders are intended to be seperate.

While the installers are full installers, they can be used as updates as well. So it should be possible to just overwrite in the same folder, if I recall correctly.

4. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Thats what I thought and I went ahead and both seem to be playing nice with each other.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It is better to have only one STEAM folder - preferably on an SSD - which then contains as subfolders as listed below.

D:\STEAM

D:\STEAM\Keyscape
    D:\STEAM\Omnisphere
    D:\STEAM\Trilian

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Thanks Beat.

That's what I took Rain Drum's reply to mean so mine is
    D:\STEAM\Keyscape
    D:\STEAM\Omnisphere

Both installed and working perfectly (thankfully)

I asked as I had only used Omnisphere but then I got keyscape so wanted to check...
    The old measure twice, cut once mindset.

Thanks again to you both.:yes::yes:

7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I have a legit Omnisphere and was thinking of auditioning Keyscape from the sister site. Will they play well together?

8. Dragon71

Dragon71 Newbie

What is the sister site?

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

and then the Omnisphere setup, auth it and let it point to the STEAM folder and its installed.

10. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Please check your mail

11. Ichos

Ichos Producer

To Install both omnisphere and Keyscape first Place the whole library [Steam folder] in a directory of your choice.

Then install the Omnisphere plugin latest version form sister site.

Install the latest patch update. During installation when asked to locate the steam folder please point to the STEAM Folder by browsing to the directory. This will allow the plugin to find the library when initialized later.

Then install the latest soundsource library update.

Then initialize the plugin and activate using R2R instructions or as directed
    For Keyscape it's also the same procedure.

If by chance the steam folder is not detected by the Omnisphere or keyscape Plugins then create a shortcut to the STEAM folder in the directory and cut & paste it inside
    C/program data /Spectrasonics folder.
    It will solve the problem..

12. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Since you had the latest version of legit omnisphere you can also install the latest keyscape library alongside along with the soundsource library update and the latest patch update, which will allow you to use a large no of latest keyscape creative patches from inside of omnisphere itself which uses a mixture of both of omnisphere and keyscape sound libraries

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  13. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

Some time ago i heard that ALL Soundsource and Patch Library updates must be installed one after the other, as they are incremental. It's said just installig the lastest does not fully update you to latest, you would be missing some things in the end.

Is that statement still valid?

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

In my particular instance I setup one STEAM root - all other specifics (for the separate apps) fall under named sub-folders under that root.
    Ex.
    Drive\: SpectraSonics\STEAM
    Drive\: SpectraSonics\STEAM\Keysacpe
    Drive\: SpectraSonics\STEAM\Omnisphere
    Drive\: SpectraSonics\STEAM\Trilian
    Drive\: SpectraSonics\STEAM\StylusRMX

15. Ichos

Ichos Producer

If you had downloaded the latest Steam folder from 09.2022 release you would only need the latest Soundsource library update.
    But if you had the STEAM folder from earlier release then you need to install all the Soundsource library updates released henceforth as you had said

16. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Is it true what Ichose says:
    "If you had downloaded the latest Steam folder from 09.2022 release you would only need the latest Soundsource library update.
    But if you had the STEAM folder from earlier release then you need to install all the Soundsource library updates released henceforth as you had said."

I have always heard that the latest update of each is all that is needed.

And so, WHAT earlier release [what product(s)? - what date(s)?] is it for which you'd need ALL the soundsource libraries released henceforth?

And is this the case with every product?
    And if so, what are the release dates for each?
    The "latest" i know of for ALL of them is 2023.02.09 posted by JammuAnd

I had the Pirate library from 2019, but as I updated over time i have no easy way to check if i would be missing anything by installing ONLY the latest updates, as i have now deleted the 2019 in favor of the 2023 (after checking for differences using various tools).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  17. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Spectrasonics... what a freaking nightmare. And the protection, jeeze... my setup works, how and why I do not know but if I ever have to reinstall on a new machine I'm just not going to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Ichos

Ichos Producer

DoubleTake sir, I am also a new user of omnisphere and Keyscape. So you may be correct in your assumption.

BTW Yes the latest Steam are from 09. 2.2023. I mistyped the date. The latest Soundsource library update for keyscape is v1.5 by Josenacha on 29.03. 2023, (the latest patch v1.6.0 by him on 20.05.2023), which include the Double felt grand.
    For omnisphere the last Soundsource library update v2.6.1c by R2R is from. 4.10. 2020 as far as I can remember.

19. jadacrook

jadacrook Newbie

Hi guys can someone point me in right direction? im looking to install Ominisphere 2 on a macbook BIg Sur. i only have the old Dynamics installers. Although i have the complete steam omnishere folder which comprises of around 67gb on an external drive for my main rig. question is can i use this as a shortrcut? ie Copy this steam folder over to another external ssd which will be used for macbook? im pretty sure its up to date with all updates. If so which version of omnisphere installer will work with the steam folder? many thanks in advance

20. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

Related question:

My Omnisphere (Moria) is really lagging and slowing Ableton down. Is it necessary to have the STEAM folder in the top level of my drive? Currently I have it at: e:/Libraries/Spectrasonics/STEAM. I see you guys have it directly at top level.

I remember reading about this somewhere but I can't remember where...

21. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Sir, I think you should put the spectrasonics folder containing the STEAM directly into the root of your E:/ drive instead of inside the libraries folder. This may help