What's the best studio desk (or desk feature) you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Bunford, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm currently going through a bit of a phase of designing studio furniture and looking for some desk inspirations to design something new.

So, share away the images of the desks you think have something awesome about them, be it the entire desk just being near perfect (as nothing is ever perfect!) or desks that have one or two genius design ideas incorporate into the... :wink:

3. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Kapellmeister

wooden desks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I can't even see the desk from all the shyte I have. :rofl:Not joking. I have everything on two wooden desks and two double stands.
    my main desk is from ikea...
    :) Ikea actually has very nice desks. You just have to sift through 145 of them to find the right one. :wink:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Producer

i think his studio is ugly af, including the desk. :rofl:

the thing i like about is that is pretty big. i like big desks

8. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

ai desks

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

9. tgunz020707

tgunz020707 Kapellmeister

10. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

Get a portable projector... if you want to keep your eyesight for longer... (i like xgimi)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

Honestly, for a Homestudio I believe this is the best. Speakers at perfect level, everything neat, whole build was <200€, solid wood and metal.

If I had too much money I'd use fancier wood buy Neumann speakers because the desk is already perfect but that's about it.

Back when I still had hardware I had mount space for rack units under the raised platform and also a keyboard drawer for a bigger keyboard.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. vexd

vexd Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

13. Ryan

Ryan Member

What lacks in most studios is that the way you acces your music keyboard and typing keyboard. Some put the music keyboard sort of 'unde rthe desk' with a drawer, but then the rest of the desk becomes too high to be ergonomic for your computer usage with mouse and such or there is some other non ideal soluation like playing hte keyboard on the sides. The thing is that I've not seen anyone really solv this problem well, as both typing and music keybaords need to be at the same space in an ideal situation.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Every good studio desk needs a good weed drawer...sometimes to inspire inspiration.

[​IMG]

• Love it! x 8
    • Funny x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  15. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have recently actually designed my own improved version of the Platform desk here: So, I've spent today designing a new music production desk... | AudioSEX - Professional Audio Forum

That Brad Pitt one is insanely awesome....if you have an entire other warehouse to set up your studio in :rofl:

16. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@fnord23

Joker Brain

Cofee.jpg

Love the desk and the setup :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's why I have keyboard stands, and speaker stands, so that both can be at a perfect height. :wink:

18. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've been contemplating one of the below by StudioDesk, being the Pro Line Classic and the Pro Line S desks, but will need some modifications for improved cables management/disguising and to accommodate by 88 weighted key piano on the shelf ideally.

StudioDesk Pro Line Classic

Front Angled.jpg

StudioDesk Pro Line S (but I would probably bypass the speaker shelves and simply have the speakers mounted on regular speaker stands behind the two rack spaces)

Front Angled.jpg

19. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

Exactly, and now that posessing weed is legal now in my country, guess who´s getting some inspiration soon...
    :disco:
    :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Rock Star

So the perfect desk is a sub attribute of the perfect room, which is a sub attribute of the perfect home.

what I'm saying is there are limits on everything, these limits define" what is "perfect?" - to instead "What is perfect. in the space available, for the gear I own?"

This varies by your equipment and how you use it, the things you need often should be closest and easiest to manipulate, those bits of equipment used less often can be farther away from your reach or in a separate cabinet or shelf.

The size of the room defines how large a desk may be and how it can be shaped. Look at the brad pitt console, its a rather large desk in a really big room. this would not work in a small room. The desk is a product of the room.

Measure your room to begin the journey, what is best size desk that will fit that room? That will define your initial parameters. Then consider what you will spend most of your time doing? playing keyboards? then the keyboard should be dominant in front of you. Using a mixing surface, then that should be dominant and in front of you.

get a notebook (paper), record your room size and start drawing sketches of how you could roughly lay out your equipment inside that room.

it will never be perfect, but it will be optimal for the conditions and that is as close to perfect as it needs to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not sure this is useful. I don't care how big the desk is or what room it's in. I am simply looking for ideas to inspire me. That huge Brad Pitt desk could inspire me to make a smaller version, if that's what fits in my room, or I could be inspired to incorporate a curved wing design into what I'm trying to design.

I'm not talking about copying a desk like-for-like, just wanted feelers for what people think the perfect desk and/or desk features are, so I can then incorporate them into my own design.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024