Whatever happens insido of Gullfoss?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pratyahara, Oct 25, 2020.

1. pratyahara

pratyahara Pending Deletion

Control bands are 3-4 (5). But that number changes depending on controls you use. In 'boost', for instance, there are just two.
    Whatever technique is used to conform the input to the base reference frequency (multi-band dynamics processing?) is not important, because those bands do not participate in comparisons and 'decisions', they are used just in the phase of their execution.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. pratyahara

What i suggest is that multi-band dynamics processing happens within the control bands set (as within an envelope), and the net result of that processing is represented by the delta file.

3. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

They are not comparing the input signal with pink noise but they recorded waterfall which is named as gulfoss. According to research they did, it sounds better than pink noise. Anyway I like gulfoss. I will use it on every mix buss.

4. pratyahara

Says who? The Soundtherapy company doesn't say they recorded or reproduced the waterfall in their Gullfoss base curve (read the text on their site carefully). Graphs show clean pink noise curve.

Nobody says you should not use it. Just that they fabricate fancy stories in order to infatuate customers and obfuscate the fact that Gullfoss is a standard product, based on well known procedures used by other companies too, like Sonible, Melda, Voxengo, etc.
    Maybe just technically executed better than the others.

5. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

I saw it on someone's youtube channel. I don't remember whom.

6. Saur

Saur Ultrasonic

So my understanding is that it basically flattens the signal toward pink-noise, or something similar.

Tame = multiband compression
    Recover = what's it called, "upward compression" where it boosts some area until it's pink noise?

My ears are no good, so every time I use it, I can't tell if it's an improvement.