What Volca to invest now?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by nikon, Nov 22, 2019.

1. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

I don't know

* FM
    * Keys
    * Samples

So far I have IK Multimedia UNO synth. What do you think? Sculpting sound is my interest, not drum machine. Just make some noise. IK produces lot of noise and ground noise even on batteries, I'm using ground isolator to my soundcard to suppress that. I was impressed by videos on YT but in general that synth is not that good as it seams.

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Which Volca do you own, many people own complete combo and I'm interested if you have to pick one - which one would be? Keys or FM

4. recycle

recycle Guest

I don't even recommend one, spend your money on something else

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

I got keys and samples. samples is crap. software didnt really work too. never got my own samples on there. idk know what that piece is good for. even if I'd manage to get something on there... naaah. the keys is solid for the price. it makes sound. not even so bad that sound source. my samples I would give you for free. my keys mmmh I keep it. never know. but the thing w that volcas is: you get one. you want them all. that sucks. So I also thought about the modular. although my heart knows its crap. A real module is like 100 bugs. Maybe better go w that ... I would consider that. if you really really really want the samples and you dont find sleep anymore I maybe send that over ... really have no use for that.

6. Rockseller

volca beats I would buy first. and I would buy it again. but I just love drum machines ...

7. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

What to invest?

8. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Some behringer?

9. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Thanks for response

10. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

volca modular? more for experimenting, anyone?

11. Rockseller

it depends on what you want. if you want a real synth it is a good idea to save up some money for a good instrument. you will have that for a lifetime if you take care of it. so its a good thing to buy something nice and good. like a gibson les paul guitar. bc in a hundred years it is still a les paul. maybe better than a new one, really. my first hardware synth was a wahldorf blofeld years ago. bc it is a good instrument so far that I could afford then. And I was new into synths n had no idea what this is. with that instrument I learned synthesizers, good hardware instruments are expensive. but if u use it and make music for a lifetime it is a good investment. Also 10k is okay then. Even if you dont make make new money with it. if you buy a volca modular you will be disappointed soon. And one day you will buy your modular stuff anyway... if u are a beginner on an instrument you dont really need super expensive 10k synths or guitars. the behringer drum machine is a cool thing for sure. but it makes the clavs n claps we all know. thats it. it will be everywhere. I also want that behringer but I also know I dont really need it. And it will be nothing special. For the next year I personally really consider putting money into modular modules. it is very flexible. custom shit. you can adapt. change. evolve. learn. trade modules. it can be a drum machine. a pad machine. an effect unit. whatever. maybe build do it yourself kits. thats a nice hobby for a childish guy like me. that volca modular is funny for one afternoon. save money if you want to play synths. a good synth can do anything if you master it. Oi just get any normal Instrument you can n you see for a good bargain and spend time with it! wether it is an old acoustic guitar from the flea market or a mouth organ. volcas are not really an instrument. and it is not really a tool for music production. it is a gadget. idk. but if you forget the three volcas you can almost buy a behringer. but this is also a very very limited drum synthesizer. I mean compare the Hexinverter Clap Module with the Behringer Clap tweaking possibilities. thats a joke. I dont know mate. Always this decisions. Aaaaaaaargh. Ah hey. Come on. We get weed for a hundred bugs and then we meditate about that yeah :drunks:

look at that instrument man :
    the pipe . coooool .

12. Rockseller

last thing I bought: a field mic. endless possibilities. :yes:

13. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Zoom H1N? worth it?

14. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

There is a lot of tools nowdays...

* Pocket operators
    * Ocelotti synth aswell for 70$ seams nice

15. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

So as I understand Arturia microbrute would be also better choice than Volca probably.

16. Rockseller

I bought zoom Hn4 pro. very nice. can also be used as an audio interface. multiple tracks. well it's not something I will use everyday but it is good fun to walk around with that piece. long term a good thing I think.

the others I never tried, pocket operators and arturia gear, no idea
    dont you have a store nearby where u can test something? that would be good...

but at that price range I think just buy what you feel ... its not a huge bag of money

I bought an elektron monomachine once and never use it... I didn't know better. but had to have it. lol. but selling it is no go. I sold an Instrument once, an acoustic guitar. and regret it tothis day haha

in the end everything is cool to have in your collection I guess

if I hear pocket operator I think of something potent. small but potent. but I never saw such a thing in my life...

hey what about a desktop synth if you already have a midi keyboard?

but real synth is expensive. always. cant buy a synth for 70 bugs that actually is capable of much I dont know. I mean it will be like a gameboy. better buy the gameboy.

better save up money for a prophet or something. it will serve you a for a long time. I mean really serve.
    or buy your first module .

aaaah. I hate making decisions too sheeesh

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019