What video game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ( . ) ( . ), Mar 7, 2019.

Tags:
?

What type of gamer are you?

1. Oldskool

35.6%
  2. Newskool

8.1%
  3. Indie

5.2%
  4. Annoying 12 yr old

1.5%
  5. Annoying Millenial

5.2%
  6. Annoying Old Fart

9.6%
  7. Annoying Middle Aged

8.9%
  8. ‘I only play FPS’

11.1%
  9. B*tch IDGAFuUUUUK

5.9%
  10. Battle Royale skank

3.0%
  11. Competitive Virgin

3.0%
  12. Gamer Gurl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Gamer Gurl that shows tits on twitch for attention and virgins wallets

4.4%
  14. All of the Above

5.2%
  15. Microtransaction Whale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. PC Elitist

26.7%
  17. Console Peasent

3.0%
  18. No life troll

3.7%
  19. 'I have better things to do in my life like letting everyone know how I have better things to do...'

14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

since 1999 playing videogames, like some of the already mentioned here in this thread, Worms, Half Life, and some very modern like Fortnite, Halo, Forza, etc.
    [​IMG]
    I also love Silent Hill, is probably one of the reasons of why I got into music production since I discovered how he made the soundtrack, and right now I am involved into Soundtrack production of a Silent Hill inspired 3D game, and I am exited about it :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  2. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

I hope I don't come off the wrong way, but I don't understand why people post in threads like this one saying 'I don't do (whatever the thread is about).' If the question is what games people play and someone doesn't play games, they should just not post in the thread.

It reminds me of the sister site, when a new upload goes up and someone posts 'thanks, but I'm not going to download this', as if everyone was on the edge of their seat wondering if THAT guy was going to download it or not.

I swear I don't mean to insult anyone or call anyone out or anything, but... just, if you're not involved in whatever the thread or post is about, then just don't post there. Ya know?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

You almost pulled that statement off... I have everything in my studio too, but the games are for people that are there with time on their
    hands. People that are wasting time on entertaining themselves with a game...hours and hours of it.

"Every moment of the day you are building your life up or breaking it down" Samuel Gilliam.

I don't have time for games. I'm already dealing with the games most people play on a daily basis, :rofl:

Besides, this subject here is about what video game you are playing right now. That's why it's in the "Lounge" section. There was nothing related to working on music with games, just what game are you wasting your time on. But, you're free to try and justify your cause and the subject how you want. :knock:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Uffff that feeling of having a day off and playing a fresh new game the whole daaaay :chilling:

Thanks for these recommendations. I've been trying to find games to be interested in for IOS but could never get into any. With your recommendations at least I'll have some motivation to try games that others care about...

UFFFF MAAAAN love wipeout and that cover art is sooo geeewdd. Futuristic grid design ting...

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

First of all, what you wrote totally makes sense (at least to me) but: We are in the so-called social age and anyone wants to have his say on anything and as such, believe that he has to share his opinion to the others even if this isn't completely relevant.

I admit that I'm one of these and occasionally, will go that route as well. In an ideal world... well, you know.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes you are right. May be I shouldn't have commented in this thread. On the other hand, this is a forum about music making so it make sense that any topic is being related to it. So my first thought were: how can you have time to play games while music + real life would need more than 24 hours a day?
    Second thought were: for the younger members, I know how games can be addictive, and I hope they don't waste their time in virtual life. The real one is what really makes you feel and build yourself.
    And that's why I wrote this, some how off topic, comment.
    Besides, Giving that this thread is into lounge section, it is open to more than it's title.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Calm.Down

Calm.Down Banned

Because only one question is not enough to make the threads more prolific. People have different views on the topics and on the other hand creating individual threads for each single subject matter is not logical nor economical.:yes:

9. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

[​IMG] [​IMG]

:mates:

10. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

thanks for sharing homer, never knew you liked games ; )

11. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Well.... "life is like a box of chocolates....." right? ;)

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think we'll get so along :rofl:

Now I understand. Indeed programming is creative, and obviously you are a very skilled programmer.
    Would you happen to be that mysterious code-reverser in some recent AZ exclusives? I know, you can't answer...

I get you, but as long as nobody says "videogames suck" or something similar it's fine to me. Haven't read the entire thread though.

13. Haliax

Haliax Guest

No, I haven't been involved in the scene since pre 2000

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Rocket League, because matches are only 5 minutes.
    I did play Battlefield 1, and did spend a couple of hours on it just last week.
    It just gets harder to click on games that take larger chunks of time.
    If i did not have another computer running to have some distraction in between rounds I don't know if I could play any more:rofl:

15. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

@MichaelPatterson said...

Hm…I actually agree with you on your statement of the sister site and people doing the 'thanks, but I'm not going to download this' thing. I dislike that a lot when I see it done. But, maybe I can help you clear up your other confusion…

You’re not on the sister site and for the most part when you are, you’re supposed to be restricted to commenting on-topic
    and thanking the “poster” there. The Mods do a pretty good job at keeping things inline there about that, However…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but on AS the “Lounge” area is a bit of an off topic and discuss anything area. Even
    though as my comment stated I would rather it be about music related topics but that is just my opinion. Ya see,
    I don’t go to the Playstation site to discuss AAX protocol in Avid’s Protools HD. Now to me Music is life. When this
    thread starter posed the question, not only did he ask it of every member here (to which we all have opinions), he didn’t
    limit it to “only” people that play games. AS is to me not about playing games, but is about Music related
    topics for it. Just seemed to me a waste of time, and no disrespect but when you pose a question to all, expect opinions from all.

When you say “but... just, if you're not involved in whatever the thread or post is about, then just don't post there.” You are
    trying to sensor or pose limitations on a members opinion to your liking. But, he did ask the question to all and my response will always be don’t you have better things to ask here or to do with your time then play games. That is my answer to that question. Hoping that in my answer it will challenge some folks here that are not spending time honing their musically chops to play less games. Therefore relating indirectly to his topic.

Ironically though, I find you in fault for just the thing you wish people wouldn’t do. No disrespect again, but your comment
    has nothing to do with the Question or thread and you didn’t even make an attempt to answer his question. All you
    did was complain about how you want things here. And I don’t understand that. You could have just started your own thread for that and we could discuss it there. Kool? And…btw, I don’t feel insulted at all.

Now, here at AS, people start the craziest threads at times…It is constantly commented on especially when people like to
    rag on R2R and other such folk. It can go on for pages. But, the Mods like to give every member a channel to voice things and
    sometimes that’s what you get. Freedom costs and it makes the Mods work here harder. But, to sensor things like you want then your comment being off topic would never get discussed here. Personally that wouldn’t bother me because then I wouldn’t feel compelled to comment on posts like this one when I had moved on to bigger and better things. But you stated that “I don't understand why people post in threads like this one saying…” So I’m trying to give you “my” understanding and hope that
    helps in clarifying from a members perspective.

Now Olymoon the diplomat that he is said… “maybe you are right” in him not commenting on this thread as he shared his opinion. On that I truly disagree with him on that statement (I do agree with the rest of it though). He should have expressed his opinion, after all the MODS are human just like everyone else here and some people think they are superhuman or should always sway to how they feel and are not entitled to participate in or share their opinions on every day discussions. I actually like hearing their input and think we should hear more from those that serve as moderators. But, it is difficult here since you have those that take things so personally. Now, he is perfectly capable and can fight for his self without help so I am saying this since I never see it stated enough…

Lastly, if you’re adding to the problem you just pointed out…you can’t be the solution. So if need be, start a thread on what you don’t understand and respectfully we can all discuss it!

I’m ready! let’s go!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  16. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

17. FREq

FREq Ultrasonic

[​IMG]

via Gameranger Online to Play 2v2 Teamplay
    Without earn Points or something like that:winker: Playing just 4 Fun

18. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

By the way, Tits, when did you get to be so damn polite? Microtransaction Whale is the funniest.:mates::drummer:

19. recycle

recycle Guest

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

I have always been both polite as well as an asshole as well :D