What version of Serum comes with SerumFX?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Remi, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Remi

Remi Member

Hello all,

Would you know when XFER introduced SerumFX? I am on an older version of Serum, 1.1 if I remember correctly. I cannot see in SerumFX in my VST Effects, so I suppose it only comes with later versions. As far as I know, it doesn't come as a separate install.

Please let me know. I need to upgrade some synths anyway, so if the answer is that a later version does come with Serum, I'll begin to save the pennies.

It probably doesn't make a difference but I am on Windows (10 x64).

Thanks a lot.

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Version 1.09b2 as an added plugin. The Serum FX dll should be located in your VST folder with the Serum dll. If it is not there you don't have it installed. You said you have version 1.1? I don't recall that specific version. Legit? I don't think that XFer uses that nomenclature on its Serum releases.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. Remi

Remi Member

Yes legit. It was definitely version 1.1 something. I'll check when I'm back home. I did not check the install directory. To be honest, I didn't know there was a SerumFX until I saw a nice tut online using just the FX version. So I had a quick look in my DAW and just noticed it wasn't on offer.

I'll have as closer look. It sounds like I should have it. Thanks a lot for the heads up. As someone I know always says: " The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem".

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

As i said, look in your VST folders

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

SerumFX is a separate install

7. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Duda doesn't offer updates for free?

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Yes. That was a free update. I just don't know why the OP has not updated it or at least contacted Xfer support. I know that sometimes you can get a faster reply here but if I have paid for something, the developer is the first person I would contact if there is any problem.