What UVI Sounbanks are worth keeping so far for you?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brendan, Dec 1, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes I myself bought the Falcon once and created 2 sound banks.

The ' Tone Adventure ' Expansion by CHE for the ' UVI Falcon ' Hybrid Instrument
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/the-duo-expansion-by-che-for-the-uvi-falcon-free-quality.30893/
    The ' Sound Colors ' Expansion by HO for the ' UVI Falcon ' Hybrid Instrument
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/the-duo-expansion-by-che-for-the-uvi-falcon-free-quality.30893/

If a synthesizer doesn't appeal to you or it's against your nature, I'd rather delete that one.
    I can also not with all synthesizers, the worst is the FXpansion - Cypher 2, the programmer drives some in the madness.

There are probably some professional sound designers working for TV and cinemas.

2. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

I see it similar as BEAT16, you need more time and patience for the Falcon. It is very complex and versatile. If you take enough time to really dive into, you can do nearly everything with it.
    One more reason for what i like falcon very much is its MPE capabilities.

3. droplet

droplet Rock Star

UVI Falcon may have been colder than even (Your Most Frozen) you expected.
    If you're churning out top ten hit after top ten hit like I am, Falcon can be useful.
    Many of the sound packs are less useful.

4. droplet

droplet Rock Star

@ArticStorm mmm Many sound better. it's true, but the guis are nice.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

I have used STROBE 1 as it was still bundled with DCAM Synth Squad, but the bundle, but i cant with version 2 too.

Hmm was so hyped for Falcon, but upon trying it, its not for me. I would have been a heck of blabla to reclaim the money - thats one product i would have gave back.

@droplet Yes the GUIs for the packs are very high quality and for actual having vintage recreations, UVI stuff seems the holly grail.
    And as you can see it does the job well:

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It really is that some manufacturers produce past the user. I've seen some great GUI - you could even colorize it, but the sound of the plugin was crap. With Falcon, the sound is very good but the usability and always the same color tone a la Kontakt also gets on my nerves.

Even Omnisphere 2 insists on its blue, who does not like it has just had bad luck. Trilian is the nightmare for me, why can't I choose another GUI ? As we see we users don't have much power unless we buy it or not.

7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

@ArticStorm he mentions the ones I kept on my main ssd. it's so specific it may be fetish stuff. but it works.