What technique accelerated your guitar playing the most?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Tele_Vision, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Academia

Academia Producer

I certainly rank among the worst guitar players in the whole planet, but I was even worse until I started playing with other people and focusing on adding to the music we were playing. Yes, practice your scales, three notes per string, strict alternate picking, start slowly and gradually improve your speed, please don´t mind about Ynvwie, and learn the chords (don´t forget the diminished and augmented), tune your guitar often, clean your strings, but pretty please play with others. Playing with others changes your approach for the better and you will learn to think in terms of a group (duo, trio or whatever) and not only your guitar.
    Also, work on a basic repertoire, slowly building three or four songs that you can play flawlessly, that helps building your confidence.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. nyaa13

nyaa13 Producer

Yes, of course I agree with you 100%. will continue using that same guitar and I have been thinking for sometime to get it fixed from a professional. :wink: It's my first E-Guitar so it has lots of emotional value for me. :metal: No way, I am abandoning that guitar. :dont:. Besides it has a perfect tone for Black Metal. So even if I bought a very expensive good one, I would always use the old one as well. Hehehe

Oh that's very interesting, never knew that... I just thought that some expensive good guitars can have low action without buzzing.To be honest guitar buzz doesn't bother me that much when passed through amp. It's just annoying when playing normally without amp. :bleh:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  3. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Alternate picking for sure.

4. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Dope smoking :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List