What synth is that the access virus a,b,c,ti,ti2 or Modular synth

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by blupon73, Mar 4, 2024.

1. blupon73

blupon73 Newbie

What synth is that on 1:33 I find it hard to emulate it on serum and current cause it’s so analog here’s the link:

If you listen to it closely it sounds like the virus I can’t tell maybe modular cause it provides real time waveform sounds like what Deadmau5 uses on livestream.

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I know he uses a weird custom verion of the SH-101. It could also just be Reaktor, friend.

4. blupon73

blupon73 Newbie

Would look into that thanks

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

its impossible to tell if he used any virus or some other DSP56300 based VA synth. Unless he confirmed it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. alexbart

alexbart Producer

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. stopped

stopped Platinum Record

does sound like a heavily distorted 101 to me

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

the buzzy reese midbass? it could be anything from samples to Reaktor. 3 oscillator synth is usually used for these patches. for fx, a filter with resonance, multi band distortion, eq. I don't really hear all that much chorus but that is also common. the distortion is a little crunchy, and DJ Swivel BDE to Output Thermal plugins would get you somewhere close. Some overdrive from a plugin or a clipped mixer channel. If you want a starting plugin synth to use, I 'd start with Phaseplant.

i'm not sure what it has to do with deadmau5. I've never heard that much of his music actually, but I cannot see him using a reese patch out of a can like this. He puts a lot of emphasis on being creative with sounds, and would be unlikely to just whack something that is basically an edited well-known preset. On some of his earlier tracks he used a Virus TI. There are no real tip-offs to what synth this is, because it could be done with many different ones, or none at all and some resampling.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  9. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

Unrelated but the sample coming through at 01:06 and repeating is from this classic at 00:18

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

the track is from 2004, so you can start ruling stuff out that way. it's not a virus TI. If it is a Virus, my guess is it is the Powercore based Virus or the TDM version if they were using Protools. Maybe even involving a guitar distortion pedal.