What synth are these plucks sounds coming from?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by itaudio, Apr 19, 2023.

1. itaudio

itaudio Noisemaker

Wondering if someone can tell me which synth these two pluck sounds coming from? Seems that Youtube doesn't start from time setting in url so it's 2.47 into the first track, Vapen i natt, and 3.05 into the second one, Det bästa vi har. I think that Spire can be a possible option for the first sound...

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Det kan vara vad som helst - Spire, Serum, Sylenth1, Diva, Repro1, The Legend, etc. It's about adding the right oscillator/oscillators (kinda like a supersaw) and have an envelope assigned to lowpass filter cutoff, so that it "plucks" (more open filter at the start and then closes with time). You can also stack oscillator in octaves to get a more harmonically rich tone that covers both bass and the fundamental and upper harmonics. Add unison on one/some of the oscillators (or add a fitting chorus to taste).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  4. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Spire, Serum, Dune try Dune first if u have, as most of these plugins and most released these days have a very nice in built effect(like reverb delay) unit, they just sound good just out of the box, just tweaking a preset from pack that contain plucks can get u the result.

Click share right next to like dislike button, tick the box below that says start at, if u have paused the video at the time where u want to share, just copy the link, or just type in the time and copy the link

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

The problem does not come from the link, but from here. Even if you add a timed link, the video will play from start.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. itaudio

itaudio Noisemaker

I noticed that the time setting YouTube links didn't work here so that's why I tell the time in my Post :).

I got really close to the first video pluck sound when I edited a Spire preset. Really nice so thanks for the tips here...

7. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I think that today you can make almost any kind of sound from the most popular vsts.
    Pigment, Serum, Massive to say some, If you have some basics of subtractive/additive synthesis.

8. Nogale

Nogale Member

saw synth with detune, filter of course, and glide/pitch modulation (most likely glide). thatd be the most simple way of doing that.