What software is best for movies ?

Discussion in 'Working with Video' started by djradu, May 14, 2014.

1. djradu

djradu Newbie

Lets say i want to film a short movie,amateur actors,etc. what (in your opinion) its the best software for taking the movie's sound and video to the final finish ? Its hard to choose since im an audioholic :dunno: :break: :grooves: Thank you !

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Adobe premiere and Avid Media Composer are the leaders in movie world... at the mac side Final Cut Pro.

I think Media Composer is on every single movie producers comp in Hollywood :)

I used Media Composer when is not been Avid, think version 5, great software but personaly I don't like project structure of clips etc... everything is converted and placed somewhere and as I'm old fashion man I love to know where are my files stored.

Adobe Premier I always use when I make some home movies of kids and family... it has an nice option for capturing digitaly video from my sony handycam with firewire cable.

Learning for all above is great, until day or two you can do it all the main things.

All software is x64 supported right now, that's important when you work with video.

4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Sony Vegas 10.0
    If you learn its weaknesses, it becomes very powerful *yes*

Also I wouldn't recommend x64 NLE, as most good codecs are 32bit only (Neoscene, huffyuv, Avisynth (that's FS))
    You'll save A LOT of trouble by going through x86 path.

5. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

intresting, my premiere x64 for my basic stuff works

6. lowpass

lowpass Newbie

+1 Premiere and After Effects and Red Giant. But Caution. You may be addicted to it :)

7. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

I know someone who is writing for films professionally. He says digital performer is the best.

8. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

i like Final Cut Pro X

9. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

i like Final Cut or, which i think is much more better, but only available for PC, Edius

10. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Here In Los Angeles Hollywood Avid Media composer Is Standard Software + Hardware
    Avid Media Composer Work With Mov And You can edit Audio And Sounds With Protools And Media Composer at the same time
    This is will work for you if u want to go professional

11. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

There are some codecs for x64, and for new projects, I'm staying with x64 since PPro CS5/6 seems to work fine & supports more containers.

12. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

This pretty much sums it up...

You have the top 3 listed... the rest is just personal preference...

At this point its about equal to asking what is better for making music ProTools, Cubase etc...

Try these 3 and go with the one YOU feel most comfortable with... if YOU will edit... you NEED to feel comfortable with your NLE...

64bit DOES make a difference.... you know... 32 bit plugins or not.... FACT IS 32 BIT HAS A MEMORY LIMITATION .... you want to sit back and edit... not worry about dated technicalities...

IMHO
    The again... im not pro in the industry... but I did win best director in film college when I was a youngin' :wink:

GOOD LUCK DJ RADU !!!!

13. djradu

djradu Newbie

Thank you all my friends,il start testing and let you knw witch is best 4 me ! :wink:

14. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

There is a lot of tutorial for avid media composer (you will find everything you want to know about avid media composer)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=avid+media+composer+tutorial+editing

15. djradu

djradu Newbie

Thank you all friends now i have from what to choose from ! :wink: :wink: :wink:

16. gigasquid

gigasquid Noisemaker

Sony Vegas Pro definitely. Been using it with my HD vidcam and it's very good.