What sample libraries do I need?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by classfied, Jun 14, 2020.

1. classfied

classfied Newbie

Don't get me wrong, I've got a few sample packs already, from Vengeance to Ueberschall, some Zero-G and a lot of stuff really. But I was wondering if anything else is considered essential, for general electronic, pop and hip hop non cheesy production. Any recommendations?

3. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

arent all popular libraries like zero g and vengeance kinda cheesy just because people use them a ton

okay perhaps i meant corny instead lol but why not find libraries that are overlooked like sound dust
    and ilya efimov stuff or just use known libraries in unknown ways

Or lets take hip hop as an example: I've never used pre-made sample libraries for years and went for vinyl sampling instead... its just not like "oh you need library x then you are good to go", like you hear of people with amazing studios making shitty music all the time, they are the best evidence for that

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  4. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

try some VEC pack :no:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Good sound selection equals less time needed for fixing/mixing
    From your excisting collection, build your owne SMALL library of sounds that you really like or that inspire you to create.
    When you comeacross a good sound you like, slapinto into your new library, then you can quickly go back to it and use it again.

If you keep doing that, overtime you will build up a nice lib that you KNOW, and can quickly get the ballrolling when you have an idea, or if your stuck on a track, and you know you have some magic in your lib that can be just the thing you where missing.

resampling sounds from project and save in the lib can also be really helpful on getting "your owne sound"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Check out loopcloud by loopmasters. You can throw your own sounds in there as well as buy sounds you like ala carte from the integrated store. You can preview your person and online samples in key and time with your project its free.

As for packs to suggest are all genre-specific. Get all the KSHMR packs from splice or sister site. They have all the good tools you need for multiple genres.

7. classfied

classfied Newbie

thanks for the answers. thing is I don't use samples that much and would like to dive in a bit more. Yes, Vengeance might be cheesy after all, but I find some quality stuff from them sometimes. It's a mixed bag...

it's just that there are many many options and I don't want to buy or download bad stuff. +1 for the Kshmr stuff, although I never used them on a track lol... I actually used the Soundmasters pack that I bought recently.

8. John_Zack

John_Zack Newbie

If you're looking for pop sample packs and/or pop serum presets, you can find some pretty cool stuff on www.mysticalankar.com

9. Do what I do. Get one of everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List