What Reverb Unit Is This ?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Stevie Dude, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Good GOD this is some nerdy shit.

I am loving it! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

@Stevie Dude Great Work. Have you ever tried markdown for writing lists? It's pretty cool in terms of formatting and very easy to export as pdf.

I've transferred your txt to markdown and used a table (as a formatting example). On macOS you can use macdown to edit markdown files. On Windows, you can use VS Code or Dillinger.

BTW: You can change the names of the presets displayed in the GUI. They are stored in an .xml file called "Factory Library presets.xml". In macOS it's located under:

/Library/Application Support/Impulse Record/Convology XT Libraries/Factory Library/Factory Library presets.xml

You can open the .xml file in VS Code and change the displayed name of a preset by changing this:
    <preset name="100 - Hard Room 1">
    to this:
    <preset name="Yamaha R100 Reverb Processor"> (for example)

Looks like this in the GUI:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

3. samsum

samsum Producer

Yes in Convology it looks like they used the MicMix Audio Controller in some images and the column tanks in others but both will be used together like you say I'm assuming.

I agree I just couldn't find that colour but apart from that it looks identical, will have another look later. May of been an earlier or later version and rare.

Thanks very much and would love the PDF also when you get finished cheers!

4. samsum

samsum Producer

This is the image of the last one to confirm: (edit: see my next post)
    Spring Warm 10. V-2 is a Vesta Fire RV-2.png

We found in a different colour the Vesta Fire Dual Reverberation Device RV-2 which looks identical
    (note: In Convology XT they removed all the brand with jumbled model numbers of all the units probably for Copyright purposes and the reason behind Stevie Dude making this list):
    Spring Warm 10. V-2 is a Vesta Fire RV-2 2.png
    The (top) picture, the unit we are looking for though although blurred it looks to me like it says Dual Reverberation Space RV-2
    'Space' instead of 'Device'

Any help appreciated

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  5. samsum

samsum Producer

I think I've found it called a Vestax Dual Reverberation Device RV-2 (possibly a later or previous Manufacturer name?) although different coloured knobs.
    I think you can go with Vestax Professional RV-2 or Vesta Fire RV-2
    k193803529.1.jpg
    k193803529.2.jpg
    k193803529.3.jpg
    translated to English from a Japanese Auction Search Page it had still been auctioned as a Vesta Fire RV-2 Spring Reverb Spring Warm 10. V-2 is a Vesta Fire RV-2 3.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023