What percentage of this would you consider progressive house?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sounds, May 3, 2020.

1. Sounds

Sounds Newbie

Hi,

Just a few thoughts about one of my favorite music genres.

I'm often searching through various styles of electronic music for different projects.
    I guess times have changed or people's opinions of what's considered progressive house.

Have you ever found yourself searching through loads of .... to find a few gems.
    Or you get annoyed because the sounds you're listening to don't belong in that category?

I feel like the people publishing these tracks don't know or care what prog house sounds like,
    Just stick it in the progressive house category, imo 90% of it should be under an edm category.
    I don't recall pidedy pops, squeeks, saws and edm having anything to do with progressive house.

I recorded a 4 minute audio sample from an online source, latest progressive house category.

38 short samples, what % do you consider progressive house?

https://sndup.net/82zj

3. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Most of it isn't progressive at all, mostly all old Nexus patches sounds (trance), techno big room, yep... almost all of its trance.

4. Sounds

Sounds Newbie

That's what I thought, it's definitely not progressive house, maybe 3 tracks sound kind of progressive.
    Big room yea that's basically edm cheapness, happy hardcore, couldn't even class it as decent trance.

Sad isn't it, that people are being paid a weekly wage to list all this shite in the wrong categories.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

When you have almost 50 styles of just "house" music, this is going to happen.

6. Sounds

Sounds Newbie

I know you're right, but there has to be a few sites that know quality when they hear it,
    And leave all that emd cheapness to the kids, or people that don't really care what they play or listen too.