What music genres may be popular elsewhere, but were short-lived fads where you live?

Discussion in 'Music' started by kh_minusone, Nov 28, 2021.

1. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

Warning: the post is a bit all over the place.

Growing up, I listened to a lot of Trance. Gaia, Ferry Corsten, Energy 52, Daniel Kandi, Rapha, etc. I'd play some Trance tunes to my classmates in elementary, but it wasn't very popular with them. Or anyone in my country, really. "This music sucks" is the kind of reaction I'd get from people.

Here where I live, people listen to mostly Reggaeton. Armin and Tiƫsto weren't very well known here. That changed for a while, however, when Martin Garrix released "Animals" and seemingly everyone was jumping on the Big Room House and Jungle Terror bandwagons. "Hey kh_minusone, have you listened to Armin van Buuren - Ping Pong yet?"

I never settled on whether "Ping Pong" in particular was Trance with Jungle Terror elements or the other way around, but the point is that artists such as Armin only became known here because of Big Room House. All of my classmates going into high school would talk about Big Room House and similar music. DVBBS, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Afrojack, Nicky Romero, Avicii (God rest his soul); name any artist or group, their music was probably played to hell from loudspeakers at a flea market.

I did get the chance to show some of Armin's older Trance tunes to my classmates during the Big Room House fad and, for once, they said the music was good, which was an interesting reaction considering they'd previously shun me for listening to Trance.

But then, everyone kind of just stopped talking about Big Room House. Going into college, I wouldn't hear anyone talk about the latest hit from <insert Big Room House artist name here> anymore. It was, and still is to this day, mostly Reggaeton. The fad only lasted three years here (2014-2017). It's true that genres lose popularity over time, but I'm still a little surprised that it only lasted three years.

Everyone here seems to have forgotten about those previously mentioned artists, so I'm very much back at square one. The only other person I know that enjoys Trance (and Techno as well) as much as I do is my older brother, who introduced me to both genres.

Sorry about the long post.

3. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

USA was a couple of decades late to the techno,psytrance scene ,they called edm this bieber pussy alike Garrix's couple of chords and piano hits on FL Studio , the late young man who died suicide or whatnot some blonde haired guy , ppl like them we have been writing ghost-producing for years , no one is gonna cry or feel sad when we depart this world they where children of the cllosed-society that promotes amongst from their own , nuthin else ,we gotta fight build our rep make our mark , lets be sincere here , all their tracks suck , lol give a 5y old a midi keyboard some samples and let it keystroke thru an arpegiattor ,, it will make (the 5y old) better tracks than deadmau or garix or avicii rest his soul , tthey are juzz fakers promoted by the system , i make bettter tracks tthan these guys in my sleep , im a ghost producer however , itts forbiden to me tto reveal my tracks because of signature of disclosure

Yahel , Man With No Name ,Astral Projection yes these guys wrote tunes real , stop admiring what you could become in a couple of months , stop worshipping fake idols , pussies , faggots and whatnot that juzz got the know-around or rich parents , make music that thumps across time the universe itself , they are so little in front of us and they know it