what midi keyboard do you use?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by franko22, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Talula

Talula Rock Star

my midi keyboard is ESI KeyControl 25 XT

2. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Currently AKAI MPK249 --- Solid controller FAVORITE -- Upgraded from the Original MPK49
    Also owned the Arturia Keylab 49 Black Ed --- Great control for Arturia SW - Keybed feels a bit cheap for my taste -- SOLD
    Before these I owned the M-Audio AXIOM 49 -- Great Solid controller -- Opted for the AKAI MPK for ease of use / MIDI

TONS of options out there these days -- Prior to the 'Controllers' I used my Ensoniq EPS 16+ for MIDI control (Keys) and an AKAI MPD32 for pads faders, knobs and the like

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

like i wrote you can get USED doepfer from 200! New its over 1k

• List
  4. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

So now I'm a bit confused...

Do you own a CLP765?
    Because, beside it's a high quality digital piano, it has already USB and MIDI sockets, and basically it can be connected to any DAW (Ableton, Reaper, etc.) and used as master keyboard.

If it's like that, you just need an external MIDI controller/pad with or without keyboard, 61 keys is enough.

If you're not the owner, and you're studying classical piano, then I still suggest at least a weighted 88 keys keyboard/piano + external controller with or without keyboard.

Studying classical piano on a lite keyboard usually it's not recommended, cause you could face several problems with heavy keys when you at last play them for real.

If you're not the owner, and you don't study classical piano but just want to "play for fun", any advice on controllers already suggested in this thread are to be evaluated by you and of course by your cash.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. franko22

franko22 Member

unfortunately it's not mine, i'm just learning to play on this one.
    yes, it was my first option, but the ones i want cost too much. i'll stick with novation, arturia etc.. as a decent controller and "all-rounder", and when i get the chance i'll buy something similar to the piano!

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I felt the same way about the K2500XS when I had one. The keybed to me under my hands was a thing of perfection. If one ever pops up locally I'd be seriously tempted to scarf it up...but only if you help me carry it to the car and then into my room. It weighs as much as a baby elephant. I think that I still have the old Zip drive somewhere with stuff on it even:hahaha:

7. Evgenioni

Evgenioni Newbie

Studiologic sl88 grand, Nektar SE49
    + drumpad Vestax pad one

8. GeoffreyMcJefferson

GeoffreyMcJefferson Kapellmeister

I got the same one, the hammer action feels great and the aftertouch is a nice bonus.

9. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Off topic rant: please never again this crap.
    I had the similar Jaz 1GB drive cartridges where I put my backup, suddenly in one day at the same time PC HD and Jaz broke. Fckfckfck.:unsure:

• List
  10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

11. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

True, that beast is heavy af!
    Mine has a Fujitsu 230MB SCSI MO drive built-in. More reliable than JAZ... at least the media last forever but the drives tend to break instead :deep_facepalm: