What kind of music/work you do with Reaper?

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by xsze, Aug 15, 2015.

1. xsze

xsze Guest

As tittle suggest, what kind of work or music you do with it, is it your primary DAW or what, anything goes :like:

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i record, edit , mix and master in reaper. elektro, world, rock, metal, everything. its my secondary daw, studio one 3 is the primary, live9 is 3rd in my heart

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Electronic as usual (EDM, Dubstep, House, Electro, Trance, Nu Disco, Club Pop/Dance Pop, etc.), RMXes...
    My latest collaboration - I mixed and mastered one album for one band (they play drum'n'bass pop, break beat, new age, rock, electronic, something between rock and electronic without guitars)), as well as I did for them a lot of sounds in REAPER with VSTi/hardware synths/recorded sounds... Mastered Metal album with female vox (for another band).
    All has been done/finished with REAPER since 4.60 up to latest 5.0 betas) I did work and updated. No problem.

Production, Arrangement, Sound Design, Mixing/Processing, some AudioEditing-during-arrangement, (Pre)Mastering, all work with VST/VSTi - REAPER 5
    Audio recording, Restoration, Editing, and some pre-mastering tools (SRC, audio analysis/measurements...) - iZotope RX4 Advanced
    Some additional edits/processing - some my favorite editors I started to work with years ago..such as Audition2015+old, Forge11, WaveLab6, Audacity2, Nero W.E....
    Additional Extreme Quality SRC - FinalCD 0.17 (Sharp mode), dbPoweramp 15.x, SoX latest
    Players - AIMP 3, foobar2000, winamp5.666, jetAudio8
    ASIO4ALL 2.12
    A billion of VST/VSTi/bundles (latest verions), other DAWs (that I don't use), auio editors, samples/preset libraries, and many-many more
    Hardware: not a lot, but it is cool and HQ, there will be a lot of soon)))

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Usually I just cut grass with it, using it for music seems too avantgarde to me :blues:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Here's what I've been doing with it over the past few months

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL764384D05210942B

I think song numbers 1 - 2 - 4 & 8 are done in reaper, and everything else was done in acid pro

I've been getting into the 80's sound of late, so these 4 new reaper songs sort of reflect that

I've only been using reaper for 5/6 months or so, and I'm so glad I made the switch from acid pro, there's no going back now, but I'd still like to learn more about reaper as I think I've posted up on the forum before

There's so much more it can do than what I use it for it seems like a waste

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I use it for composing as it very light on resources, and I can add only the VST's that I need.

8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I work with mainly surround (5.1 or 7.1) most of the time, a mix of episode-length & music, for personal purposes. Most of the time, i don't make music per-se, but I edit or re-render it.

Music stuff - i do pop, electronica, orchestra.

Some of the music i've exported (5.1/4.0 LC-AAC):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ngr8f977rapnor/AC4+Blockade-40.m4a

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2bv9oc2ngg6phd/6LRSmidi2-40n.m4a

And yes, it is my 1ry DAW, swapped with Audition a few years ago. Still check with Audition though.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

It's just a DAW, Why does a genre matter??

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

There should be no correlation between genre and DAW. But due to features and target demographics, there usually/might be. I recall reading somewhere online, that all that ever comes out of FL typically is 4/4 electronica. Yes you can do other genres, but typically. DAWs with score editors such as logic And MOTU DP might have a little bit more orchestral exported out of them, etc.

11. Loop Threat

Loop Threat Ultrasonic

At first I used it to do fancy free-style editing like we used to do with dance music in the 80s/90s...now I mostly use it to quickly transpose file types or do quick clip edits...I now use Studio One 3 for heavier stuff.

12. xsze

xsze Guest

As already stated

some DAW's get better mileage for some things, absence of some features can impact one to be greatly left out for particular tasks, what inspired this is me trying to get Reaper into usual hip hop/beat making working environment and seeing how some stuff from other DAW's or other DAW's could be more suitable and etc, so was interested what folks here who use Reaper do most with it.

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@kearnsy

definitely sounds 80's

cool that you followed through making your own music vids too,
    was some of that stock footage, dancing etc. ? or you recorded yourself ?

14. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Hi man, no, all the footage in all my videos is all other peoples work, or footage from British Pathe and the like, I just collect clips and then edit them all together. add effects and what not