What kind of music genres are going to suceed in 2023?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Riddim Machine, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

AI punk, the machines finally fighting back against human oppression and subjugation. Or some homogenised pop crap aimed at 10 year olds...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. executioner

executioner Guest

I was serious about what I said. :rofl:

I will disappear from the face of this forum as I take 2023 head-on. It was nice getting along with this community and I enjoyed being a part of it, even though I was here for a short time. Occasionally, there are opinions here I disagree with but one thing I know for certain is that everyone here has the same passion for music and it's beautiful to see it.

When I get major traction next year I *might* return to this thread to share or give a clue, but sister site might get me in trouble so we'll see...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody! All the best to everyone pursuing this art form.

:winker:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Colin

Colin Producer

Sh'Crap Metal?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Hair metal for chrissakes. :metal:

That's what we need collectively.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I have to disagree. Why? Because your statement is premised on passion and overlooks that music is generational. Yet, you are not alone. Others here share the same view. However, it is the younger generation’s tastes that shape which songs are hits. Take the Beatles as a perfect example. To put it simply, if we want to succeed, and have a long career in this business, we must evolve. Dinosaurs belong in museums and Jurassic Park movies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I wish I knew but whichever it is, however, I will certainly get on the bandwagon as early as possible to capitalize on it before it is too late. Yeah, I am in this biz to make money.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The question to me is: evolve to where @The Pirate?

This generation has its own identity and wants or needs to be different from the present generation. Just how to do that,
    in my opinion, as the current generation is, richly oblique and Medial completely overwhelmed. Data overkill!

Finally, every style of music has already been invented. Also, everyone who wants to, can make his own music
    on the PC and bring among the people. The quality will give the impact and in my opinion there is not much,
    except weird chords and lyrics that are not worth listening to, in short 90% garbage and 10% hope!

Surely there will be people against - a small avant-garde that tries to create something new.
    I would take the best of the 80s and arrange

8. Colin

Colin Producer

Money is the root of all evil ... and shit, throwaway, generic, disposable music!

Don't have a problem with people making money, but have a huge problem with them killing music.

Why does a genre have to come along?

Why can we not just have talented unique artists come along?

At what point did this all morph into a bandwagon that everyone can jump on?

9. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Way too late to the Atmospheric Death Metal train.

10. Uprock

Uprock Kapellmeister

80s Electro

11. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Slap House
    Trap
    EDM
    Pop

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

To wherever your imagination/creativity takes you. To wherever the market dictates or better yet, to where no one has gone before.

Edit: Simply put, dont get stuck. Let your creativity flow in different directions.

13. barfly

barfly Member

I'm hoping for the underdogs; 'soul a la dusty jazz house', afro-house.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Neflum

Neflum Ultrasonic

I'd like to think that the newschool Drum and Bass, and that sort of mash of House/Techno/Drum and Bass or Footwork, is getting really popular lately.

But I also love DnB and Techno so maybe im just projecting here. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

A very nice content intelligent sentence from you.
    I am already making presets for hardware and software synthesizers http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/ and
    am already shaping the future. I think with a computer you can very well create your own future and very individually.

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It's always been to the benefit of all. It used to be though that the proverbial cream would rise to the top, though now lots of shit oozes through huge gaping cracks of a very low ceiling. That's OK too, I don't need to listen to it and can enjoy the experience of discovering new music that is great to me be it a young person or group or established artists that are fresh to me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

For me, David Bowie will be the top 1 example of how you should look at your time and space to suceed. That guy was smart enough to understand the generation's tastes as the years passed by, and did it until he died. He wasnt stuck in some genre, he was all the genres. he was f*ckin David Bowie and if it was polka with death metal the generation's taste, he would find a way to bleed his music into this. That's why i agree with @The Pirate statment. Sometimes we should break our egos and our rooted tastes to make money on the biz and this is not about giving up about your truth, just being smart to keep up doing and earning with your job because times will change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I wouldn't be surprised if genres were banned completely, to conform inoffensive/unoffending with tons of genders, religions, races and other modern nonsense,
    jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if genres were banned completely, interest attention span of casual listeners is <20 seconds, I'm genuinely surprised TikTok videos are whole 1 minute, such time duration isn't enough to make real music, if AI takes over completely, I guess I won't even care, because I enjoy playing on my own, or with friends anyway
    :trolls:

19. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Every generation wants their own music, so consider it a cyclic event :wink:

• List
  20. Colin

Colin Producer

I want their own music too!
    I want to listen to something and think "WOW that's fuckin GENIUS!!!", Wow, that's so insightful" WOW, I want moreI!!!"
    What I don't want is to have to be deluged by corporate bland, generic rubbish, 99.9% of which is like musical stick man drawings or just re-hashed!