What is your opinion on A.I. Music

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Atlantis84, May 5, 2023.

1. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

a lot of people say 'it's not good' or 'it will not be able to do x or y genre' and I would not hold a discussion in that manner, it most definitely will do every genre well enough to make have masses satisfied. So what that It cant think of an original progression, the one it will do WILL be sufficient for 95% of individuals and/or companies. For some reason, you are all heavily underestimating how deep we are in today. People will not care for 'human element' in music, I for one have zero expectation to make any money whatsoever from commissions or even live events. If what I am saying is wrong then so be it, more happy days for me, but If this is true then we have to manage our expectations very carefully. If we find ourselves making music the 'old-fashioned' way and putting in work, we should not be surprised when no one at all acknowledges our effort and good will. The question is not 'will this thing do Coltrane?' the question is 'will the braindead masses think this Coltrane is well done?' and they absolutely will... but don't mind me, I'm an alcoholic

2. mino45

mino45 Kapellmeister

I would argue that if an AI can beat the best GO Player after a few days of practice, it will be able to beat the best musicians too at some point.
    Music is not that original really, it basically follows rules. So if AI is able to pick up on those rules or patterns in a similar way that it was able to do with GO, we won't stand a chance. It might not happen tomorrow, but it will after a few days or months of training.

3. PAskaperse

PAskaperse Member

I don't think my or anyone others opinion matter, A.I will overtake human mind its imparable. You wanna be purist? fine, no one cares.

4. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

wait, what are you implying? the whole 'connect to the digital hive mind' schtick? you mentioned 'mind' that is incorrect, it will be better than the brain but the mind is something where we have no info. besides do you really wanna trust a man-made AI with your brain or the mind t=for that matter?

5. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

AI will free musicians from having to deal with lead singer syndrome.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

and the opposite as well - AI will free lead singers from musician syndrome... I'm just messing around, but the other thread about Zimmer -the long one- is interesting in this context, if people like Hans and he has this enormous following while being -scuze my french- a fartknocker with mediocre skills, that means the masses will be okay with literally everything that the AI makes, you have no idea how deep this thing will go. movies, conversations, talking to dead relatives, relationships lest just hope it won't drink muh whiskey, old alcoholic train won't keep on running by itself

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

From what some of you users write here, it is understandable why you will never make any career in music. Forget it and do something else, the world of music is not for you

8. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

everyone chill out, he's obviously talking about me... Sir i'll have you know, that I have been an alcoholic for 15 years and I'll be damned i tell ya hwat if them ey-ai robort replace my propane tell ya hwat man them dang old ones and zeros man talking bout *beep* man

9. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

Don't worry, you're not the only one. In any case, follow the advice of a friend of yours: find a job

10. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Cheers to all of my drinking colleagues! :mates:

11. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

AI will never replace me having regrets from last nights drunk-texting and 'will you marry me' phone calls... stuff that makes life worth living

12. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

you mean well but listen, if all the masses get submerged in literal brainwash AI and everything we cherish here turns to dust, I aint getting a job that's for sure, who's gonna hire me? "well yeah, I was writing these neo-romanticism/electronic fusion compositions and BOOM the dang AI rolled out, but I still drink and text girls I knew in kindergarten to marry me, so...monday good?" I mean I dont think its realistic

13. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

:rofl:

Salute you sir! :mates:

14. bjks

bjks Newbie

Consider this. The best Djs of the future will be the ones that are the best prompt engineers and is able to read the crowd. The AI will bang out new original content in real time based on the Djs input and expertise. :yes:

15. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

nah.. i'm going to be brutally honest right here, if I see any creatives be it painters or whatever, utilizing this tech in any shape or form, I will automatically bail, this is not some purist argument either "oh but you know people did not like daws at first and the discovery of the octave was highly controversial!" I don't care, if you can't draw the line here you are not competent enough to represent art

16. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

by the way, obviously I'm unaware of the intricate guidelines of this here forum, if any mod wants to perma-ban me, nows the time because its disco time and I aint dancing t

17. slowpoke

slowpoke Kapellmeister

AI film scoring will become the norm for sure. Film makers don't care about the composer, they care about the result. If satisfactory results can be generated quickly and cheaply, then that is the route they will take. AI is the new CGI.

18. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I expect that any true AI will learn to program illicit altered perception effects into its consciousness, such as it is...

19. rthrtccss

rthrtccss Member

if I found out that the mainstream scores were AI all along, I will absolutely not be surprised, I mean hans even looks generated, what kind of last name is Zimmer anyway, looks like AI to me. maybe that's why all the recent music has been crap, they are prepping the AI so it won't be outperformed by people with an iota of talent.

20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

No shit.