What is your favorite virtual guitar amp simulator plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Molly_Lee, Apr 11, 2022.

?

What is your favorite virtual guitar amp simulator plugin?

1. Neural DSP

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Amplitube

56 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Guitar Rig

39 vote(s)
    20.1%
  4. Bias Amp

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. LePou Plugins

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Waves GTR

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. S Gear

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. Softube

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
  9. THU

61 vote(s)
    31.4%
  10. Ashdown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Ampeg

10 vote(s)
    5.2%
  12. Nembrini

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
  13. STL Tones

10 vote(s)
    5.2%
  14. Electrum

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  15. Two notes

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  16. Mercuriall

8 vote(s)
    4.1%
  17. Helix

32 vote(s)
    16.5%
  18. ML Sound Lab

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
  19. Kemper

9 vote(s)
    4.6%
  20. Plugin Alliance

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dan Fuerth

Dan Fuerth Kapellmeister

For the Vox AC30Tb sound with the Korg SDD 3000 delay nothing touches Jamvox 2.1 (v3 does not sound the same)

it sucks for the other amps tones though for others I use Amplitube.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

I can't remember who said it, but I am kind of blown away by how nice the Fusion F59 is. Testing right now. Gonna buy that one. Wow. I had never even heard of it. Diamond in the rough.

3. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

There are so many Fender amp simulations though. If you like the F59 then give IK Tonex a try there are tones of clean crunches & Fender tones in there. Same with IK Amplitube. I gave Tonex a pass because I have too many clean/crunch/rock tones to my name with other amp sims & Amplitube as it is.

Same type of amp sim saturation is happening with metal. As much as I love Recto's I'd love something different for once, like Laney, Engl, PRS, Victory or just about so many other brands that get ingored by the amp sim market in comparison to Marshall or Mesa emulations which are in too much abundance, much like Fender.

4. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

I was pleasantly surprised by the Plugin Alliance Friedman Buxom Betty (also available as a UAD plugin) recently. Great for Fender type sounds. I believe it's coded by the Nembrini guy.

5. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

best new sims are all coming from Neural DSP dude, they just put out the best Mesa Boogie...they already had the best FORTIN Marshalls "Cali, Nameless + Pedals" and Soldano Slo simulations,

Tonex is supposedly gonna kick everyone on to a new level with IR replications, at least you dont ned a KEMPER lol ..so I am guessing more stuff will come out with better IR possibilities and people will share tastier Marshall tones, Marshall is the hardest to simulate cause of their Asymmetrical clipping diode and tube string characteristics.,

so far only Kuassa 'Caliburn' , STL Tones "Howard Benson" and Mercurial "Spark" have the best Marshall JCM JPM 800 heads....

Other amps like
    -the Mesa Dual rectifier its "JST Jeff Loomis", Mercurial is great too
    -Vox, well, VOX...some IK Multimedia Amplitude are nice.
    -Bogner, Mercurial just released a very good one. STL Tones has great Bogner simulations as well.
    -Tone King, Neural DSP again
    -Friedman, Plugin Alliance did a great job
    -The best Plexi with Variac brown sound by Eddie Van Hallen is Nimbrini Audio MRH159 hands down.
    -The Marshall JCM 2210 also Nembrini MRH810
    -The Best Marshall Valvestate Marshall 8100 8080-8040 is Audiority
    -The Best PRS is by WAVES.
    -The best 5150 etc is by REVALVER ands down., Nembrini Audio and STL Tones kick @SS as well., but I got Neural DSP Gojira cause of more bells and whistles.

There are more very close to the real deal sims out there., my 5hit list is TH-U (they suck @SS) every single add on sounds like the same sim imitating a variety f amps out there with no character, I can tell its TH-U when someone claims its Jerry Control or Zack Zelda rig lol,
    Softube Marshalls also suck B@LLS aside Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee, Kerry King and the MURDER ONE - Lemmy amp, their 1959 Plexi is pretty much same as Ik Multimedia's free version, most of the SOFTUBE staff are all @ssholes, literally, will rip customers off during sales, double charge, claim they cant return the money or change computer glitches, you cant trust programers who cant advise their own sales staff...besides, their JMP2203 and other amps are weak.

ToneLib GFX? not impressed yet, maybe they should get some popular dude on line to how a free copy off

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  6. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

I also think IK Multimedia has great fender sims...there is SKNOTE as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

I would just reply that first off I never said that one of those I use is the best, and second off... I don't really care about what is the best emulation of this or that as soon as what I use makes me have a blast.

Everybody could discuss for weeks and years about what is the best emulation of any hardware, the goal is to make good own sounds, sometimes "in the kind of" but it will never reach the perfect imitation of anything, because to get a sound which makes you reach the seventh heaven the musician is as important as the gear. And in almost every case... even more important than the gear.
    :cheers::guitarhero::cheers:

8. sunomorun

sunomorun Newbie

S-Gear for clean tones is not too bad

9. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I was a big fan of Guitar Rig and Amplutube now I hae been enjoying kuassa 360. Is it just me or do other like it?

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it's just you. :rofl:

Seriously, their Cerberus is my fav bass amp.

11. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

:wink:
    I haven't tried Cerberus since I haven't played bass in a while but 360 is really growing on me. I like that it loads fast unlike Amplitube and Tonex.