what is your experience with Image-line

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by manhill, Dec 26, 2022.

1. manhill

manhill Member

I used to have two licenses producer edition and signature edition . And I bought it from a friend(Signature edition), he sold it very cheaply. Since I didn’t need two licenses, I decided to give away it to Andy Vax, Andi Vax well-known Ukrainian producer and mastering engineer, he gave away the license in one of the streams, in short, made a good advertisement (Andy Wax is a very famous person in the CIS). When I opened fl studio, displayed the name of the first owner, I decided to write to support so that they change the name to mine. From them I received a message that my account was blocked and that it would never be unblocked because I violated rules. And it turns out it was impossible to resell the fl studio or buy from third-party sellers. But I didn’t know these conditions and rules and it was all in English. As a result, I lost two licenses, I was without anything, I also can’t buy in Europe, the Russian payment system does not work.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Well I guess now since you feel aggrieved put on your best eye-patch and bust out the Jolly Roger.

You can run Reaper with the nag screen from here till the heat death of the universe as far as I know for now.

Also, I've always found that people who's names are puns and repeated over and over while spelled 15 different ways kind of childish code speak. Like poisoned umbrella tips and cars with smoke screens and ejection screens.

It's a mad mad world and you happen to be in a tipsy, turvy, wonky and dubious place at the moment. Have a drink, smoke zigarette and shurg; needs must.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@manhill The unable to change name shit with FL Studio is ridiculous. If you register the account, and buy any edition under your name, later on if you attempt to change the name to your company name that is not even allowed. Even if your company name is registered on the IL account. IL will tell you to send an email but the reply will be: to create a "default template" so your name does not show up on the upper left hand corner. :wtf:I know they do it as a deterrent to resellers but that is not going to keep people from reselling it or buying it from a third party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Fuck! Why J? Why ? :suicide:

6. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Sometimes the little guy actually really gets caught in the middle of a shit storm through no real fault of his own. Not the imagined conspiracy, the whole world is against me, first world problems like my Lexus wouldn't start and I was late for Pilates or some brown people moved into a house down the street stuff you often read on the interwebs.

In those times you have to just be a realist, acknowledge the truth of it, be positive, do what you can and keep on keeping on. Life can be hard and sometimes it's exceptionally hard.

Никакого неуважения, это милость между честными мужчинами.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

there is nothing more peaceful than death. there are a lot more peaceful things than dying though. stupid fucking evolution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Its a good company, with very great setup, community, which just tries to protect their software as user friendly as possible.
    The lifetime free update idea is unique in the whole audio industry.

(Thats my XP with them over a longer time)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. manhill

manhill Member

it is good company for you but not for me

10. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

If you can't read EULA because it is in English, how did you manage to ask IL support for name switching? How did you manage to write this post? Weird story tbh.

11. manhill

manhill Member

I used google translation

12. anissbenthami

anissbenthami Kapellmeister

The company is good. The product is bad

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Every software out there acquires technical debt, and certain established patterns of coding internally prove to be a pain in the ass. A rewrite is sometimes truly the best option but not financially. Its finally upto the devs how to handle it, and IL is still doing great (gol fucked up a lot)

14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Not really unique -
    There used to be a lifetime free updates policy with Pixologics Zbrush. Suddenly my lifetime seems to have come to an end last year.
    Pixologic was aquired by Maxon, and now every shitty update is paid.

And it's not the first end of my lifetime i'm afraid. Vendor canged name of product ... lifetime ended. Bumm! :rofl:
    So I would not be too sure the said company defines a lifetime the same as we do :dunno:
    They dind't change their policy yet! is all we know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

okay i will extend. I mean for the audio world. usually you have to pay a lot for new major versions. (even .5 versions some devs what you pay for it)

IL still does it for free, before you paid 30$ extra.

The free lifetime updates can be changed at everytime. But i guess IL is doing just fine.

16. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Afaik IL are one of the most profitable audio companies out there. They're leading the DAW market by a fairly wide margin and have a much fewer employees than their counterparts.

17. ArticStorm

Yes im aware of that. Also they aquired lots of other companies. UVI, Melda, some sample companies (producer loops?), they can basically source audio material from them without extra costs. Also new Tech from Melda or Uvi might be possible?

Not sure how many employees they have? but for sure less than Ableton for example.

18. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Don't know if IL needs new tech from those guys. Not to demean their work, they both have released awesome stuff, but IL have proven time and again they have amazing devs (is there any other DAW that comes with a synth as powerful as Harmor?)

19. AgafonovTimur

AgafonovTimur Noisemaker

its not good company for you because you didn`t read their agreement and try to say its their fault?

20. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

hard work pays off thats all i can say about all of this

21. canbi

canbi Ultrasonic

that's what you get for lack of understanding the rules, simple

upload_2023-8-17_0-23-31.png