What is this "just for you.rar" [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Live' started by JosRoundtree, Nov 8, 2014.

1. JosRoundtree

JosRoundtree Newbie

In the various versioned downloads for Ableton Live Suite 9 is a folder, "Ableton Live 9 Winows [io]" which typically contains the files:

1. Ableton LivePatch [io].exe
    2. io.txt
    3. just for you.rar​
    What is this "just for you.rar" file and it's purpose, attempting to open yields the following error,

An error occured reading archive 'just for you.rar':
    The archive appears to be invalid or damaged.
    Can this file be ignored and deleted?

Thank you for your assistance.

Rondtree

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

The only file that matters there is the io patch.

You can dismiss the rest.

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i found it too, was too awkward at the beginning, but then i kinda knew why,

Sometimes when downloading too small files from Uploaded, it kinda won't work or don't start or i don't know exactly, i know because i had this problem in the past, and i was using IDM, so the file has to be large enough for the download to start.

So the uploader has to put something within the "rar" in order to be "large", as Zeus said :

Hope i could help, good luck!

5. copylefter

copylefter Producer

If it wasn't a patch I would think that is a fake archive to fool digital fingerprinting on a file that was already killed,
    to avoid it being deleted just after upload. But it's a patch so technically it's legit
    (no copyrighted code inside if it doesn't carry resources to be replaced, though many devs report
    and get patch taken down too, even if technically they have no right to do it, but who cares lol).
    And also is Ableton, smart people who see the good side of piracy, never had an Ableton link deleted in years :wink:

Having just explained you what likely that thing is NOT, I can state that I don't know what it is. :bleh:
    Just step over it *yes*

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i used it to gain size and to fool fingerprinting, i created about 5 files of these i can add to rar files.
    you can delete it. there is nothing inside you could find useful.

:dancing: