what is this control surface?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Cclcng, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Cclcng

Cclcng Ultrasonic

I'm pretty well-versed on midi controllers because I've been looking for one with specific qualities for a while now.
    but this thing crept onto my screen and I couldn't identify it.. it looks familiar, like AKAI familiar but it has sliders, encoders, buttons, and knobs.. OK i identify it as an APC , but the buttons don't look like either revision or model. (20/40) it looks great but .. is that just what one of those two look like and I don't know it because I've never seen one IRL? APCs are high on my controller interest list. as with the Nektar Aura and The ATOM SQ.. SQ is actually the highest and if anyone has any feelings about any/all of these let me know. I have Been agnostically searching for "the one" for pointlessly long and fruitless time without pulling the finger. mid controller thing.png

3. MdB

MdB Guest

akai apc40 mkII ?

4. Cclcng

Cclcng Ultrasonic

IT is what i thought, and ultimately what it appears to be. The barrel distortion from the angle of the picture led me to believe that the buttons were differently (preferably) shaped.
    ANyways.. ANy opinions on these controller things for use w ( but not limited to) live (i predominantly use arrangement mode)