What is the WORST software you have used?

Discussion in 'Software' started by filtersweep, Aug 15, 2014.

1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Agreed. I've bought it a while ago and tried really hard to like it, with no success.

First, it crashes all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Second, they've been trying to convince people that Mixbus is a full fledged DAW, which it isn't even by far. It's too buggy and lacks too many features. If you're looking for a DAW, stay away from it.

Third, I've tested it extensively, using both my ears and a lot of analytical tools, and concluded that the "analogue mojo" people have been talking about is 100% placebo. Its UI induces you to mix differently, and that's about the major factor which will make your Mixbus mixes sound different. It doesn't do anything to the sound that you couldn't do on any other DAW using a similar mixing methodology.

I just regret buying it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  2. Einander

Einander Noisemaker

I'm suprised that no-one mentioned EZMix lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Omnisphere

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

You may have used some other plugin called Omnisphere, cos it one of the best sounding romplers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

I don't like Spectrasonics stuff so much:dunno:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Anything made by Microsoft is the worst software I used and use. I usually don't use crap software, but in case of Microsoft you are just forced to use it, because of all the audio programs for Windows. :sad: I use Debian Linux for everything else.

On the other hand that is not so bad because I don't use Internet from Windows, so I work with audio in it and not waste time on the Internet. :wink:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  7. Euphonic

Euphonic Member

Sonar.. buggiest DAW I ever used. I remember it having problems with simple looping. I remember when someone gave me a copy of Cubase years ago and I put something to loop and it just worked. I was in awe as it worked for hours. That was the end of my use of Sonar. They could never get my money after that I later bought Cubase and used it up to the time I discovered Studio One which is where I'm at today

8. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Kaspersky, Norton etc. Price tag of those shiny apple products make me cringe..etc..

VST plugin probably the waves synth. don't even remember the fucking name...

@filtersweep- AAS analogue is a great synth..

9. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Slicex is amazing, and nothing out there comes even close to the ease of use and functionality of it. The "play to end" feature just does it, and it works beautifully with the piano roll. Actually, that is two things that Fl Studio does better than any other daw, stock plugins or not. The piano roll and the beatslicer.

10. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

VirSyn stuff absolutely usless.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  11. moledog

moledog Newbie

Worst software..? Flash. Always updating and never seems to improve. I won't miss it.

Worst audio software..? Anyone remember Steinberg's Espacial? Oh dear.

12. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

as it is the festive season, let's agree to disagree. i find the output of that synth just weedy and paper thin. just my personal opinion.
    now, any one for a game of footie in no-man's land :)

13. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

midi guitar

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Mac's Finder... God forbid, if you need to Find something "manually"...

15. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

Windows Software -- Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, iTunes, MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, Any 3rd Party Antivirus, Any 3rd Party Firewall and I tend to avoid anything that has Java as a requirement. For my golden oldie -- RealPlayer!

Audio Software -- Sonar, FL Studio, Reason, Bitwig, Mixcraft, Digital Performer

I hold out hope for Bitwig in the future, mind.

Having dabbled extensively with Windows 10, I'm completely happy with Windows 8.1 on my bloat-free Dell Latitude E5430, it has better compatibility, generally speaking, for now...

Call me paranoid but even after using a variety of blocking scripts/app removers to stop the MS SpyCrap on W10 I felt there was more going on, even with the LTSB version. And the auto-updating of drivers was a real annoyance. I'm sure I'll be back to W10 in the future when there are more established workarounds or I can afford a second offline computer just for music, otherwise I'm happy to go out on a limb and declare Windows 8.1 a classic! for me, ymmv ;-)

16. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I thought that Hofa 4U+ BlindTest looked interesting so I bought it on special offer. BIG mistake as it appears to do nothing that can't be done with a pencil and paper. Unless I am missing something it is totally useless and I won't be going near their site again.

17. statik

statik Audiosexual

worst software: sausage fattener

to explain: i'm dutch, worst means sausage, sausage fattener s the only software i know of that has a sausage in it

18. dzoff

dzoff Newbie

I think you must develop your mixing skills before talking about wasting time

19. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

A more usefull question could be "What are the best softwares you have ever used since you make music ??? "

20. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

The biggest crap is Windows in general! :bleh: