What is the WORST software you have used?

Discussion in 'Software' started by filtersweep, Aug 15, 2014.

1. santillana

santillana Kapellmeister

Digital Performer - I swear to god it is the worst DAW ever build !

2. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Uberschall Elastik - worst dongle alike sampleplayer ever. Dunno how the soundquality actually is from uberschall (back in those days they were good at all) but that dongled piece of shit software is stopping all inquisitiveness

3. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

What's wrong with Bitwig?

4. Morgana by 112dB. I auditioned it about 4 years ago and gave it a second chance about a year ago. Same shit, different day. Their dynamics and reverb plugs are great though.

5. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Forgot to mention Harrison Mixbus... Just sayin':)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Einander

Einander Noisemaker

Slate FG-X - just eats every bit of CPU and is useless as f*ck.... Next in line would be that Duende SSL suite - completely garbage compared to UAD or Waves version (Metric Halo channel strip still takes it all).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Yeah it just could not excel in any particular limiter style, there are more cleaner and more music sounding around.
    all the positive reviews on the net made it one big disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Pro Tools :snuffy:

9. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

Most anything that Gol has coded.i like fl studio (despite what a buggy mess it is and will continue to be if he doesn't ditch Delphi) but his fx chops are beyond rubbish.i still use all the old fx that he licensed from other more able developers in the preliminary years of its development

Probably going to get allot of shit for this next one but Sylenth1.my god i despise that thing.weakest bottom end of pretty much any synth i have used,the unison is a phasey mess,there's random phase and then there is Sylenth1's idea of random phase.it is more trouble than it is worth to get it to work in a mix

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

iTunes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  11. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I agree with you on Sylenth1. It sounds odd. It was always so popular, so I was so frustrated trying to make it sound good. There was nothing wrong with the oscillators of filters. It felt like it was the transients. I could just never get my juicy basses right, it was just off. Not my cup of synth.

The worst software I ever laid my hands on is probably Guitarrig.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

The transients are rubbish because the envelopes are completely linear (you can trick them into going exponential but it doesn't help it much and you have to use up another mod envelope) and they have a slow control rate (they don't update quick enough at the given samplerate.you can get round that though by using it at a much higher samplerate,goes for most any synth really that will actually operate at higher sampling rates).if you couldn't get the "juicy basses" right then that is the oscillators (the way their phases interact) and the filters (no non-linearities/run of the mill filter design).

Guitar Rig is actually pretty usable,it's just abit of a tweakfest to get the dynamics/tone to play nice and the cabinets suck (but that kinda goes for all convolution based cabinet models).i'd take it over amplipubes anyday or TH2-3 (whichever number they are upto)

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

FLASH

( Loooove Guitar rig.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

Cakewalk Sonar, there's shit all over the place, very unorganized, standard layout has knobs, controllers, numbers everywhere they need to simplify it. And just using it, counter intuitive, too much clutter

Adobe Audition

Any premiere pro CS5 and below, the worst and buggiest

Avid Media Composer

15. abletonmax

abletonmax Ultrasonic

Not necessarily bad, but just can't get on with these plugs from the following suppliers despite all the 10/10 rave reviews they get...

Fabfilter stuff
    Brainworx stuff
    U-he stuff
    Fxpansion stuff
    Zynaptiq stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

that is a little surprising to me. considering it all seems to be coded by one person, and despite having some really annoying foibles ( what software doesn't?), i think fl is an amazing accomplishment. it's still the most fun i can have and is brilliant as a sketchpad if not really great for mastering and final mixing. his slice x looper is still massively underated plugin.. anyway, one man's meat and all that : )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

DubTurbo anyone!? :D

18. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The Internet.

19. davea

davea Platinum Record

Crysonics shit

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

the worst ones to me are Internet Explorer, OpenOffice (in some cases) and Crysonic plugins because of good GUIs and too much digital artefacts.
    Didn't like RX5 Advanced, but I have it because there are some new tools, but some regressions I have seen...for example SRC - you can fine adjust cutoff filter with pressing CTRL, but in RX5 it has been removed. What's the goal for removing this? Ozone 7 has some regression like removed master reverb, limiter modes (hard/soft) etc., but it is still buggy since Ozone 6. I have this bug:
    - REAPER5 (possibly it can in another GUI)
    - instance of OZONE 6/7 equalizer
    - press "matching", select 6dB or pink noise or white noise
    - hide this half-GUI menu/bands, remaining only spectrum analyzer, eq line, matching lines
    - that's OK, works fine.
    - close plugin, press another plugin, close it, go back to Ozone 6/7 eq again.
    - You can see GUI has bug, you can see elements of Ozone's EQ Matching window menu still open, but not all the window is open, only elements, and they don't work. Need screenshots if you don't understand?
    And other Ozone's bugs (a lot of them)